Staff members with discipline Behavioural Sciences
Academia develops at the interface of different fields. This is one reason why the University of Groningen is home to a wide range of fields, each with a great number of subject specialists. The overview below, which is based on a standard categorization of fields, will help you find the right expert for each field. If you cannot find the expert you are looking for in this list, try searching via a related field or faculty; you may find him or her there.
My project is supervised by Dr. M.J. Schroevers, Prof. Dr. A.V. Ranchor and Dr. J. Fleer.
- Onderzoek naar werkzame elementen van de hulpverlening
- Onderzoek naar integreren actuele kennis in nieuwe vormen van onderwijs
- Actiebegeleidend onderzoek
- Kwantitatief onderzoek
- Kwalitatief onderzoek
The conection between science and business and policy related questions
Interactions between scientific and other knowledge systems
Prof. dr. Jennifer Jordan
Prof. dr. Floor Rink
Prof. dr. Janka Stoker
Leadership, gender, organizational behaviour, positions of power
Manual and automated scoring of behavior (The Observer XT and EthoVision XT),
Eye-tracking, Pupillometry, Growth Curve Analysis
- Peer dynamics and their antecedents and outcomes
- Transition processes from adolescence through adulthood
- Quantitative methods to model development
Strategic Brand Management
Consumers Brand Behavior
Experimental Design & Data Analysis
- Item response theory
- (Multidimensional) Computerized adaptive testing
- Applying advanced methods to improve/support clinical decision making
for a list of publications, click here
Implicit Timing: the Foreperiod, Memory & Learning, and Real World Interval Timing.
Computational Modeling & Psychophysics
PhD-student research group Higher Education (GMW)
I set up a research project to learn more about the academic development of high achieving Bachelor’s students (i.e. honours students and non-honours students who belong to the best 10% of their degree programme). The goal of this research is to measure the learning interests and preferences of high achieving Bachelor’s students and to follow the interdisciplinary learning gains of an honours programme. The outcomes of this research project might contribute to the further development of interdisciplinary education and honours programmes. Policy Officer Education (Office of the University)
I work for the Strategy Department of Education & Research as a policy officer and am responsible for policy issues concerning minor programmes.
- nature of depression, subtypes of depression
- illness perceptions of depressive symptoms and need for psychological care
- posttraumatic growth/benefit finding
- emotion-regulation and self-regulation
- mindfulness and self-compassion.
(2) Feasibility, acceptability, and effectiveness of psychological screening and interventions and underlying mechanisms of change, with a specific focus on individual Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
Leadership, organizational change, self-managing teams, management development, gender and leadership, top management teams, middle management.
+31 50 36 33837
I am inherently interested in the phenomenon of positive adaptation which I came across when I worked as a nurse with very ill children, during my PhD in children with cancer, and in India where I am involved in research activities for an NGO that provides healthcare and education for the poorest of the poor who live on the streets of Kolkata (Calcutta).
My current rearch focuses on:
- Selfregulation: goal adjustment, benefit-finding/post-traumatic growth
- Goal conflict
I have a strong interest in cross-cultural research.
Toegepast onderzoek in het zorg- en sociale domein
Onderzoek met mixed methods
- Severe parenting problems
- Interventions for families with multiple problems
- Common elements
- Effectiveness research
- Taxonomy of interventions for families with multiple problems (TIFMP)
Sociology of organizations - sociology of work - sociological theory - economic sociology - sociology of aging
Sustainable cooperation - governance - organizational control - organizational change - administrative reform - institutional change - decentralization - social network dynamics - humanitarian action