Internships and other research projects
You would like to write a thesis or do an internship with societal impact? You like to share your research results with interested people who are keen to use them in their working or private life? That is what Science Shop projects stand for. The employees of the Science Shop are bringing organisations and students, questions and answers, different types of knowledge together. We connect people, assist them where needed and make sure results are presented well. In the Faculty of Arts operates the Science Shop Language, Culture and Communication. These projects are suitable for internationals, but if you can speak (and read) Dutch, you can check the Dutch page for more projects.
Projects for international students:
For international students, we offer some projects within the career minor:
- Rural heritage in Fryslân: In the province of Frisia (Fryslân), several small institutions are working to preserve the rural heritage and history. What opportunities for collaboration are there for these insitutions/collections? With desk research, interviews and a work conference, you can be the driving force behind a new partnership within an interesting (and topical!) theme. This project mainly appeals to students who want to work in the culture or heritage sector, as a policy officer, or more study-specific.
- Future-proof city management: The way we shape and maintain our city is undergoing big changes. What kind of values do residents actually attach to the maintenance of our city? Do you want the city to be nature-inclusive, or safe, or can both co-exist? In this research you link global ideas (such as the UN Sustainable Development Goals and new ideas about democracy) to concrete policies. Interesting for students who want to develop themselves in policy making, or for those who want to work at a research or consultancy firm.
Internships and thesis projects:
- For students Communication and Information Sciences, European Languages and Cultures or Philosophy, we are looking for a student who can write a thesis (BA or MA) for communication bureau PuurPubliek, with the main focus on participation and the new municipal law (omgevingswet).
- For students in the career minor: Are you interested in how national law and regulations are processed on a local scale? Do you want to help municipalities to find ways to involve their inhabitants in their plans? The company Puur Publiek offers a chance to explore a concrete case and welcomes your team's advice.
- Are you a student European Languages and Cultures with Spanish and dissappointed that you can't improve your language abroad at the moment? Or is Spanish your mothertongue? Reach out to the Latin-American community in the Netherlands and write your thesis on Latina's in Holland.
- For a project concerning health care for elderly migrants, we're looking for a student Minorities and Multilingualism who wants to write her/his BA- or MA-thesis about the subject.
For more information, please contact the Science Shop Language, Culture and Communication coordinator Vincent Hazelhoff (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Do you want to do a project with societal impact?
Internships and the Mobility Office
More information about placements (internships) is found on: "my career" on Nestor, Career Services or at the Mobility Office - placements website of the Faculty of Arts.
|Last modified:||28 September 2022 4.01 p.m.|