Veni, vidi, vici, awarded from 2012-2018
- Professor Chris van den Broeck - Faculty of Science and Engineering - Using gravitational waves to understand the nature of black holes
- Professor Syuzanna Harutyunyan - Faculty of Science and Engineering - Using Lewis acids to enable new chemical reactions
- Professor Johan Jonker - UMCG, Medical Biology - Targeting the ER stress response in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Professor Meike Stöhr - Faculty of Science and Engineering - Getting graphene ready for applications
- Doctor Pratika Dayal - Faculty of Science and Engineering - Shedding light on the dark side of the Universe
- Professor Shirin Faraji - Faculty of Science and Engineering - Watching chemistry happen with light
- Doctor Tjisse van der Heide - Faculty of Science and Engineering - Small steps, giant leaps – Building coastal landscapes with spatially organizing plants
- Doctor Luis Valente - Faculty of Science and Engineering - Islands: natural laboratories of speciation and extinction
- Doctor Andreas Milias-Argeitis - Faculty of Science and Engineering - How do cells regulate the amount of protein they produce?
- Doctor Jorge Pérez Parra - Faculty of Science and Engineering - Unifying Correctness for Communicating Software
- Doctor Merel Keijzer - Faculty of Arts - Foreign language learning as a healthy aging tool
- Doctor Romana Schirhagl - UMCG, Faculty of Medical Sciences - High speed low sample volume electron spin resonance (μESR)
- Doctor Don van Ravenzwaaij - Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences - Improving the reliability of biomedical research
- Doctor Laura Baams - RUG, Pedagogical and Educational Sciences -Not straight? Sexual orientation disparities in macro and micro-processes of youth victimization and mental health
- Doctor Sean P. A. Desjardins - RUG, Prehistory - The resilience of Inuit traditional life in Arctic Canada
- Doctor Maarten C. Eisma - RUG, Clinical Psychology - Grief’s paradox: approach and avoidance in prolonged grief disorder
- Doctor Remco Heesen- RUG, Knowledge science - Understanding Statistical Biases in Peer Review
- Doctor Bertus F. Jeronimus - RUG, Developmental Psychology - The lessons to be learned from happy neurotics
- Doctor Gerine M. A. Lodder - RUG, Sociology - The Proximity Project: Loneliness in Adolescence Explained by Social Relations and Social Appraisals
- Doctor Stephanie van der Steen - RUG, Remedial education - (How) Does animal assisted therapy work?
- Doctor Thom A. de Vries - RUG, Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior - Pushing boundaries: Team boundary spanning in response to disruptions
- Doctor Kathryn Bebbington - RUG, GELIFES - How much do parents disagree over offspring care?
- Doctor Janne Ouwehand - RUG, GELIFES - Do non-breeding conditions constrain adaptation to climate change in avian migrants?
- Doctor Inge Holtman - UMCG, Department of Neuroscience - Role of microglia in Alzheimer’s disease
- Doctor Tamar Lok - NIOZ, Department of Coastal Systems - The ontogeny of migration: an interplay of genes and environment
- Prof. D. (Deniz) Başkent - Faculty of Medical Sciences - It takes two to communicate: Voice perception and linguistic content
- Prof. U. (Ute) Bültmann - Faculty of Medical Sciences - Today’s youth is tomorrow’s workforce
- Prof. G.J. (Gerrit) Poelarends - Faculty of Science and Engineering - Greener medicines
Prof. D.H. (Hedderik) van Rijn - Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences - The stopwatch in our brains
- Dr. I.H. (Iris) Jonkers - Faculty of Medical Sciences/UMCG - Small changes, big effects
- Dr.ir. M.H. (Maaike) Oosterveer - Faculty of Medical Sciences/UMCG - Sugar: a jumpstart for cancer
- Dr. J.T.M.L. (Judith) Paridaen - Faculteit Medische Wetenschappen/UMCG - The individuality of stem cells
- Dr. A. Zhernakova - Faculty of Medical Sciences/UMCG - Breast milk as a missing link between mothers and their babies’ health
- Dr. P. D. (Daan) Meerburg - Faculty of Science and Engineering - The Cosmic Laboratory
- Dr. S. (Stephan) Trenn - Faculty of Science and Engineering - Analysis and Control of Switched Differential Algebraic Equations
- Dr A. (Anne) Benjaminse - UMCG, Department of Human Movement Sciences - Understanding motor learning to prevent ankle and knee injuries in sports: a novel approach
- Dr L. (Lynn) Boschloo - UMCG, Psychopathology and psychiatry - One size fits none: diversity in the symptomatology of patients is the key to targeted depression treatment
- Dr M. (Marleen) Damman - NIDI - Retirement of the solo self-employed
- Dr. L.L. (Laura) Govers - RUG, GELIFES - Global change and marine plant diseases
- Dr. R. (Ronnie) Hermens - RUG, Philosophy - Did curiosity kill the cat?!
- Dr. G. (Gijs) Huitsing - RUG, Sociology - Network Interventions in the Peer Context
- Dr. A. (Artūras) Juodis - RUG, Economics and Business - We do not live in a bubble: economic shocks in misspecified panel data models
- Dr. C.J. (Casper) van der Kooi – Faculty of Science and Engineering - How do flowers get their colours – and to what end?
- Dr. N. (Namkje) Koudenburg - RUG, Social Psychology - The Communication Model of Cultural Change
- Dr. C. (Clemens) Mayer - RUG, Stratingh Institute for Chemistry - Making enzymes to order
- Dr. C.P. (Cristina) Paulino - RUG, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute - Redefining concepts of membrane transport mechanism
- Dr. W. (Ward) Romeijnders - RUG, Economics and Business - Planning for the unknown
- Dr. T.N. (Terrin) Tamati - UMCG, Department of Otorhinolaryngology - More than words: Uncovering the effects of talkers’ voices on real-life speech perception by cochlear implant users
- Dr. N. (Niek) Verweij - UMCG, Cardiology - Complex genetics of exercise electrocardiography
- Dr. J. (Jorrig) Vogels - RUG, Center for Language and Cognition Groningen - Are people egocentric when they talk?
- Dr. C. (Carsten) Wloka-Tjalsma - RUG, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology - Small pores, big sensors
- Professor Marco Fraaije – Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences - New enzymes, new possibilities
- Professor Bernard Nijstad - Economics and Business - Creativity in Organizations
- Doctor K. (Katalin) Barta - Faculty of Science and Engineering - Lignin waste to valuable chemicals
- Doctor A.J. (Arnold) Boersma - Faculty of Science and Engineering - How full is a cell?
- Doctor M.D. (Martin) Witte - Faculty of Science and Engineering - Molecular tools for phospholipases
- Doctor E. (Emar) Maier - Faculty of Philosophy - The language of story and imagination
- Doctor F. (Floor) Rink – Faculty of Economics and Business - Supervising top-managers: Internal or External?
- Doctor S. (Susanne) Scheibe - Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences - Getting better with age?
- Professor S. (Sarthak) Misra - Faculty of Medical Sciences/UMCG - SAMURAI (Steering Acuated Probes for Targeted Interventions)
- Doctor G. (Guido) Krenning - Faculty of Medical Sciences/UMCG - Identity crisis in a failing heart
- Doctor M.A. (Morris) Swertz - Faculty of Medical Sciences/UMCG - Scalable ‘big data’ methods towards personalized genome diagnostics
- Doctor Y. (Yanan) Wang (f), University Medical Center Groningen - Pediatrics - Dissecting the effects of brown adipose tissue on the vessel wall
- Doctor B.D. (Daan) Westenbrink (m), UMCG - Cardiology - Energy crisis in the failing heart
- Doctor A.A. Verhaegh (Sander) (m), RUG – Philosophy - Matter over mind: Skinner, Quine, and the Heyday of Behaviorism
- Doctor S. (Saeedeh) Farokhipoor (f), RUG - Physics - Information storage at the nano-scale
- Doctor M.T.C. (Marthe) Walvoort – Faculty of Mathemetics and Natural Sciences - Attacking the bacterial sweet spot
- Doctor S.M. (Simon) Friederich - University College Groningen - Are there other universes?
- Doctor L. (Leah) Henderson - Faculty of Philosophy - Weighing evidence reliably
- Doctor T. (Tamer) Nawar – Faculty of Philosophy - Relativism in Ancient Philosophy
- Doctor R.P. (Rocco) Palermo – Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies - Beyond rivers of Babylon: Rural Landscape and Settlements in Hellenistic Mesopotamia
- Doctor D.C. (Doina-Cristina) Rusu – Faculty of Philosophy - Manipulating Spiritual Matter. How did Early Modern Science Become Experimental?
- Professor J. (Johan) Bos - Faculty of Arts, Computational Semantics - Lost in Translation - Found in Meaning
- Professor A (Amina) Helmi - Faculty of Science and Engineering, Kapteyn Astronomical Institute - Galactic Archaeology in the Gaia era: Discovery and characterization of fossil records to uncover the history and distribution of mass of the Milky Way
- Professor ir. D.J.M. (Thea) Hilhorst - Faculty of Arts, Globalisation Studies Groningen - When disasters meet conflict. Disaster response of humanitarian aid and local state and non-state institutions in different conflict scenarios.
- Professor M.C. (Marcel) Timmer- Faculty of Economics and Business, Global Economics and Management - Mondiale Waardeketens: een nieuw perspectief op wereldwijde handel, banen en inkomensongelijkheid
- Professor R. (René) Veenstra - Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences, ICS Research School - Anti-bullying programs 2.0: Tailored interventions to minimize bullying
- Professor M.A.W. (Marc) Verheijen - Faculty of Science and Engineering, Astronomy - Kapteyn Astronomical Institute - The panoramic Perspective on Gas and Galaxy Evolution
- Professor M. (Ming) Cao- Faculty of Science and Engineering, Discrete Technology and Production Automation - Engineering and Technology Institute Groningen - An evolutionary approach to coordination of self-interested agents
- Doctor T.A.C. (Tamara) Witschge - Faculty of Arts, Journalism Studies and Media - Research Centre for Media and Journalism Studies - Journalistic entrepreneurship in action
- Doctor A.K.H. (Anna) Hirsch - Faculty of Science and Engineering, Bio-organic Chemistry — Stratingh Institute for Chemistry - A faster route to new drugs
- Doctor E. (Edwin) Otten - Faculty of Science and Engineering, Molecular Inorganic Chemistry - Stratingh Institute for Chemistry - Cheap elements as the basis for catalysts
- Doctor A. (Albert) Guskov - Faculty of Science and Engineering, Enzymology - Gron Inst Biomolecular Sciences & Biotechnology - Shedding new light on metal transport
- Doctor W.C. (Wiktor) Szymanski - Faculty of Medical Sciences, Radiology - General - Controlling drugs with light
- Professor H.J. (Hiddo) Lambers Heerspink - Faculty of Medical Sciences, Clinical pharmacy & pharmacology - Why do patients with type 2 diabetes react differently to treatments?
- Doctor H.T. (Han Thomas) Adriaenssen - Faculty of Philosophy - Descartes op de proef gesteld: tegengeluiden in de Gouden Eeuw
- Doctor A. A. (Andreas) Bastian - Faculty of Science and Engineering - Fighting multidrug-resistant bacteria
- Doctor J.P. (Jelmer) Borst- Faculty of Science and Engineering - Hoe het brein ingewikkelde vraagstukken oplost
- Doctor J. R. (Jochem) de Bresser - Faculty Economics and Business - De rol van verwachtingen in economische modellen
- Doctor D.M. (Dorina Maria) Buda - Faculty of Spacial Sciences - Tourism in Conflict Places: A Study of the Emotional Dynamics of Dark Tourism in the Palestinian West Bank
- Doctor M. (Marco) Caracciolo - Faculty of Arts - Ongewone vertellers in hedendaagse fictie
- Doctor R. (Rudolf) S.N. Fehrmann- Facultty Medical Sciences - Analyseren van 'big data' ter verbetering van gepersonaliseerde behandeling van kankerpatienten
- P.W.J.M. (Pim) Frederix - Institute for Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology - Nieuwe peptides voor food, farma en functionele materialen
- Doctor K.A. (Klaske) Glashouwer - Faculty Behavioural and Social Sciences - Te 'dik' om te eten
- Doctor M. (Martijn) Hammers (m), Faculty of Science and Engineering - Hoe beïnvloeden veroudering en sociaal gedrag elkaar?
- Doctor M. (Michael) Jaehme - Faculty of Science and Engineering - Structure, function and mechanism of Pnu type transporters
- Doctor S.M. Kooistra - Faculty Medical Sciences - Epigenetica van afweercellen in de hersenen
- Doctor B.K. (Khan) Mahmoodi - UMCG / St. Antonius Ziekenhuis Nieuwegein - Cardiologie - Verhoogd risico op verstopte kransslagaders bij bloedstollingsafwijkingen
- Doctor J.C. (Jacolien) Van Rij-Tange - Faculty of Arts - Taal leren van voorspelling
- Doctor A. (Andrea) Sangiacomo - Faculty of Philosophy - Occasionalism and the secularization of early modern science: Understanding the dismissal of divine action during the scientific revolution
- Doctor M. (Mans) Schepers - Faculty of Arts - Vroeg historische akkerbouw in het moeras
- Doctor M. (Michael) Stevenson - Faculty of Arts - The web that was
- Doctor G. (Gert) Stulp - Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences - Spreading Fertile Ideas - Social Network Influences on Having Children
- Doctor S. (Susanne) Täuber - Faculty Economics and Business - De kunst van het overtuigen
- Professor M. (Michel) Vols - Faculty of Law - Helse buren. Van ontruiming naar oplossing bij woonoverlast
- Doctor C.W. (Corien) Wiersma - Faculty of Arts - Het Griekse paleis van Helena van Troje
- Professor R.S. (Rampal) Etienne – Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Studies - The origin of biodiversity
- Professor L.V.E. (Leon) Koopmans – Kapteyn Institute – Astronomy - Visible effects of dark matter
- Professor K. (Katja) Loos – Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials - Gadgets with piezo-electric block copolymers
- Professor G. (Gerard) Roelfes – Stratingh Institute for Chemistry - Artificial enzymes
- Doctor M.A. (Tati) Fernández, University of Groningen - Chemistry - New catalysts for the sustainable production of chemicals
- Doctor L.H. (Lude) Franke, University Medical Center Groningen - Genetics - From mutation to disease
- Doctor J. (Jingyuan) Fu, UMCG - Genetics - The influence of intestinal bacteria on our lipid metabolism
- Doctor F. (Fanny) Janssen, University of Groningen - Demography - The future of mortality unravelled
- Doctor L. J. A. (Jan Anton) Koster, University of Groningen - Photophysics and Optoelectronics (Physics) - Efficient organic solar cells
- Doctor C. P. (Chris) Williams, University of Groningen - Molecular Cell Biology - The importance of export
- Doctor J. (Joanne) van der Woude, University of Groningen - American Studies - Heroes? What Heroes?
- Doctor J.W. (Jan Willem) Bolderdijk (m), University of Groningen - Economics and Business, Marketing - Do-gooders and sustainable consumption
- Doctor K. (Kèvin) Knoops (m), University of Groningen - Molecular Cell Biology - The principles of peroxisome formation: organelle origin and morphogenesis
- Doctor D.C. van der Linden (m), University of Groningen - History, Faculty of Arts - Divided by memory: coping with religious diversity in post-civil-war France, 1598-1685
- Doctor D.O.S. (Danny) O’Shea (m), University of Groningen - Quantum optics of spins in semiconductor waveguides
- Doctor A.E. Thomas (f), University of Groningen - Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies - Time in early modern metaphysics
- Doctor M.J. (Marie-José) van Tol (f), UMCG - Neuroimaging Center - Shield against depression
- Doctor J.T.W. (Hanneke) Wigman (f), UMCG - Psychiatry - Networks of symptoms in psychosis
- Doctor O.H. (Oscar) Vedder (m), University of Groningen - Behavioural Biology - Do mothers know best?
- Doctor S.J. (Sander) Wezenberg (m), University of Groningen - Stratingh Institute for Chemistry - Measuring and controlling molecular left and right-handedness
- Professor S. (Sijbren) Otto (m) – Mathematics and Natural Sciences - Darwinian evolution of molecules
- Professor H.J. (Herman) de Jong (m) – Economics and Business - The welfare paradox: crisis in the 1930s, but greater wellbeing?
- Professor A.J. (Tineke) Oldehinkel (f) – University Medical Center Groningen - Regaining the lost sense of pleasure
- Doctor R.A. (Rudolf) de Boer (m), University of Groningen/University Medical Center Groningen – Cardiology - Galectin-3: stiffening of the heart
- Doctor M. (Michael) Chang (m), University Medical Center Groningen – ERIBA - Swapped ends
- Doctor S. (Steven) Hoekstra (m), University of Groningen – KVI - Searching for dark matter with stationary molecules
- Doctor A. (Arjan) Kortholt(m), University of Groningen – Cell Biology - The biochemical unravelling of Parkinson’s disease
- Doctor S. (Stefanos) Papanikolaou (m), RUG – Physics - Universal oscillations due to structural relaxations
- Doctor J.W. (Jan-Willem) Veening (m), University of Groningen – Molecular Genetics - How bacteria take shape
- Doctor M.A.T.M. (Marcel) van Vugt(m), University Medical Center Groningen – Medical Oncology - Weak links in the tumour genome
- Doctor R.K. (Rinse) Weersma (m), University Medical Center Groningen – Gastroenterology - Host-microbe interactions define inflammatory bowel disease
- Doctor I.S. (Inge) Zuhorn (f), University Medical Center Groningen – Cell Biology - Smuggling into the brain
- Doctor M.H. (Martin) de Borst (m), UMCG - Internal Medicine - Phosphate: salt in the wound for kidney patients?
- Doctor J. (Jakub) Dotlacil (m), University of Groningen – Center for Language and Cognition - Making sense of sentences
- Doctor S.A. (Suzan) Folkerts (f), University of Groningen – Faculty of Arts - Street corner evangelism
- Doctor E (Eva) Heinen (f), University of Groningen – Planning - Choosing more sustainable transport
- Doctor. V. (Vibor) Jelic (m), RUG – Kapteyn Institute - Through galactic fog to the first stars
- Doctor S.A. (Sjouke Anne) Kingma, (m), University of Groningen – Behavioural Ecology and Self-Organization & Theoretical Biology - Calculating babysitters?
- Doctor A (Alicia) Lammerts van Bueren (f), RUG – Microbial Physiology - Bacterial warfare in the human intestine
- Doctor M.C. (Marijke) Leliveld (f), University of Groningen – Marketing - Buying for charity
- Doctor Y. (Yang) Li (f), RUG – Molecular Systems Biology - Systems genetics of metabolic fluxes
- Doctor M.N. (Manuel) Melo (m), University of Groningen – Molecular Dynamics / Biochemistry - Breaking into and breaking down membranes
- Doctor D. (Daniela) Mustata (f), University of Groningen - Media and Journalism Studies - Socialist state TV meets the West
- Doctor A. (Alex) Pigot (m), RUG - Biology - The limits to life's diversity
- Doctor I.A. (Izabela) Rodenhuis (f), RUG / UMCG – Medical Microbiology - When 2 viruses strike at once
- Doctor M.B. (Martijn) Wieling (m), University of Groningen – Applied Linguistics - Tongue movement affects pronunciation
- Professor A. (André) Aleman (m) - Het apathische brein [The apathetic brain]
- Professor P. (Peter) de Jonge(m) - Psychiatry - Does depression exist?
- Doctor D.J. (Dirk) Slotboom (m) - Biochemistry - How bacteria absorb vitamins
- Doctor J.W. (Hans) Jonker (m) – Molecular Biology - The role of FGF1 in lipid metabolism
- Professor D. (Deniz) Başkent (f), UMCG – Otorhinolaryngology - Hear with your ear, hear with your brain
- Professor S. (Sjoerd) Beugelsdijk (m) – Economics and Business - On our way to a valuable and ethical economy
- Doctor F.J. (Frank) Dekker (m) – Pharmaceutical Gene Modulation - Molecules to investigate infections
- Doctor G.S. (Sander) van Doorn (m) – Theoretical Biology - Theory of evolution makes networks easier to understand
- Doctor R. (Reinoud) Gosens (m) – Molecular Pharmacology - Gespierde luchtwegen [Muscled airways]
- Doctor H.H. (Hinke) Haisma (f) – Spatial Sciences - Children measured on the international scale
- Doctor S.R. (Syuzanna) Harutyunyan (f) – Chemistry - Paradigm shift in copper chemistry
- Professor M. (Matthias) Heinemann (m) – Molecular Systems Biology - Killing sleeping bacteria
- Professor L. (Laura) Spierdijk (f) – Economics, Econometrics and Finance - Banking competition and macroeconomic performance
- Doctor M. (Michiel) Rienstra (m) – Cardiology - Does your DNA determine your risk of atrial fibrillation?
- Doctor S.W. (Sander) de Boer (m) – Philosophy - The (un)reasonable power of the imagination
- Doctor G.G. (Giorgos) Gouridis (m) – Natural sciences - Translocation at the single-molecule level
- Doctor T.J. (Tjakko) van Ham (m) – Cell Biology - Friendly fire in the brain
- Doctor T. (Tjisse) van der Heide (m) – Community & Conservation Ecology - How do plants survive poisonous seabeds?
- Doctor I.J. (Ivan) Vera Marun (m), University of Groningen – Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials - Heat and magnetism in one-atom-thick nanoelectronics
- Doctor K. (Kathrin) Müller (f), University of Groningen – Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials - Organic molecules for future electronic devices
- Doctor S. (Sanne) Parlevliet (f), University of Groningen – Dutch Language and Culturer/Pedagogy - Narrating the nation
- Doctor S. (Stefania) Salvadori (f), University of Groningen) – Kapteyn Institute - Chemical signatures of first stars
- Doctor J. (Jakub) Szymanik (m), University of Groningen - What makes social interaction hard?
- Doctor S. (Sylvia) Wenmackers (f), University of Groningen – Theoretical Philosophy - Inexactness in the exact sciences
- Doctor M.K. (Megan) Williams (f), University of Groningen – History - Paper and the rise of modern diplomacy
- Doctor M.D. (Martin) Witte (m), University of Groningen – Bio-organic Chemistry - Communication between cells
|Last modified:||09 June 2023 4.25 p.m.|