dr. M. (Mans) Schepers
My research is focussed on the complex interaction between people and the natural environment. Some topics related to this broad theme have my particular interest:
- The present perception (and presentation) of past human behaviour.
- Modelling/understanding the way plant remains end up in different types of archaeological context to facilitate more nuanced interpretation.
- Understanding the interaction between ecological, physical-geographical, and cultural forces in various landscape types
- Improving transdisciplinary cooperation and exchange of ideas.
- The relation between Art and Environment. I am co-supervising the PhD project by Anna-Rosja Haveman on Artistic Approaches to the Coastal Landscape of the Netherlands.
Selection of research projects
A NWO financed project led by dr ir Bas Borsje from Twente University. Together with a Postdoc researcher, I will investigate the way new coastal defence strategies will affect the existing landscape and how this is related to the history of coastal landscapes.
On suitable grounds
A NWO funded project led by prof dr Hans Huisman, dealing with the introduction of crop cultivation in the Netherlands. I co-supervise the PhD-project carried out by Ana Smuk, dealing with palaeoecological analyses.
Scientific advisory board Geopark De Hondsrug
Coordinator Hugo de Vries prize for best botanical dissertation
Editorial board Noorderbreedte (https://noorderbreedte.nl/)
Editorial advisory board Journal Groningen Churches
Board Member Museum Wierdenland Ezinge
|Last modified:||28 November 2023 08.22 a.m.|