Staff members with discipline Psychology, Clinical
Academia develops at the interface of different fields. This is one reason why the University of Groningen is home to a wide range of fields, each with a great number of subject specialists. The overview below, which is based on a standard categorization of fields, will help you find the right expert for each field. If you cannot find the expert you are looking for in this list, try searching via a related field or faculty; you may find him or her there.
Clinical Psycho Sexologist
- Clinical Psychology
- Affective disorders (depression, bipolar disorder)
- Time-Series analysis, Network analysis
- Qualitative research methods
- Implementation science
I combine qualitative and quantitative research methods with the ultimate goal to investigate the potential of the experience sampling method in clinical practice. I find it important to listen to the voices of patients and clinicians and use them in my research. I strive to close the gap between science and practice as much as possible.
- Open Science
More info: https://heiningave.github.io/aboutme
-Disgust and sexual dysfunctions;
-Blushing and social phobia.
Cognitive Bias Modification versus CBT in Reducing Adolescent Social Anxiety: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Giving In to Arousal or Staying Stuck in Disgust? Disgust-Based Mechanisms in Sex and Sexual Dysfunction
Subcortical BOLD responses during visual sexual stimulation vary as a function of implicit porn associations in women
Belief bias and the extinction of induced fear
Reward-related attentional biases and adolescent substance use
Temporal attention bias for visual food stimuli in retrained eaters
The Psychological Significance of the Blush
Reward & punishment sensitivity
Opleiden Psychotherapeuten (art 3 BIG)
Behandeling van complexe rouw
My research focuses on individual differences that make one vulnerable to develop pathological anxiety or trauma-related disorders, and on understanding pathogenic mechanisms involved to ultimately (further) develop and test (new) interventions to treat psychopathology.
intolerance of uncertainty
- Existential-experiential psychotherapy
- Attachment, loss & trauma
- Patient-therapist relationship
- Psychotherapeutic Patient-care
- Education and Supervision for PhD's, Clinical Psychologists, Psychotherapists, and Doctors in training
Quality of Life/ Well-Being
- nature of depression, subtypes of depression
- illness perceptions of depressive symptoms and need for psychological care
- posttraumatic growth/benefit finding
- emotion-regulation and self-regulation
- mindfulness and self-compassion.
(2) Feasibility, acceptability, and effectiveness of psychological screening and interventions and underlying mechanisms of change, with a specific focus on individual Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
I am currently researching whether psychosocial factors like depression can predict the onset of cancer
Netwerkbenadering van psychopathologie
Erkende psychotherapeute in Duitsland
Acceptance & commitment therapie (ACT)
As part of my job, I work as a statistical advisor for researchers in the UMCG Department of Psychiatry and in affiliated mental healthcare institutions.