- Career Perspectives Series
- PhD Health and Wellbeing
- Library Courses and Services for PhDs
- Language Courses
- Competencies in Information Technology (Internet, Microsoft Office, Data Management and Programming).
Faculty-Specific Courses (Under development).
- Graduate School Science and Engineering
- Graduate School Medical Sciences
- Federation of Graduate Schools Social Sciences and Humanities
Courses are divided into phase of PhD, however this serves as a general guideline only based on the learning outcomes a PhD student will gain from each course. PhD students are free to take courses and workshops at any time during their PhD programme in agreement with supervisors and their Faculty Graduate School.
Career Perspectives Series*
(All = general, OA = Outside Academia Perspectives, IA = Inside Academia Perspectives).
* CPS Courses and Workshops are developed in the framework of the PhD Scholarship Programme. All PhD students at the UG and UMCG can participate. PhD Scholarship Students are given registration priority and can benefit from low registration fees.
Library Courses and Services for PhDs
Links will take you to the Library Website.
Competencies in Information Technology
(CIT = Center for Information Technology, RDO = Research Data Office)
|All Phases||End Phase|
|Internet||Working with Google Drive (CIT)|
|Making a website with Wordpress (CIT)|
|Microsoft Office||Excel 2016 Basic (CIT)||Writing your Thesis in Word 2016 (CIT)|
|Excel 2016 Advanced (CIT)|
|Access Basic (CIT)|
|Word 2016 (CIT)|
|Powerpoint 2016 (CIT)|
|Data Management||Basic Peregrine (CIT)|
|Advanced Peregrine (CIT)|
|SPSS Basic (CIT)|
|Introduction to R (CIT)|
|Easy Visualization in R (CIT)|
|Drafting a Data Management Plan (RDO)|
|Programming||Introduction to programming using Python (CIT)|
|Python Workshop (CIT)|
|Numerical Python Workshop (CIT)|
The Graduate Schools have a research-based training programme for PhD candidates. PhD candidates can participate in courses offered at other Faculties (if there is space available and if you demonstrate added value to your research). Registration and course availability is determined by the Graduate School in which the course is offered. Please contact your own Graduate School if you would like to follow a PhD course offered in another Faculty. You may be requested to pay a course fee.
|Last modified:||02 July 2020 2.45 p.m.|