Period of stay
- semester 1 ( 3 to 5 months)
- semester 2 ( 3 to 5 months)
- academic year ( 8 to 9 months)
The exchange period may last one semester or the entire academic year, depending on the way in which the academic calendar and the academic year at the host university are organised (semester courses or year-long courses).
Students must take the following into consideration when choosing their destination:
- the dates of semesters abroad are not always the same as the dates of those in Groningen;
- consultation is necessary on how/when best to plan the stay (study advisor);
- check exam dates of exams still to be sat in Groningen;
- pay extra attention to the start dates of semester 2 at the various partner faculties;
- studies during semester 2 can be difficult because of the limited choice in law modules at most of our partner universities.
Information on the various academic calendars can be found in IESE . You can also find details on how long you can spend at each of the universities (either a whole academic year or one semester). Should you require more detailed information, please ask at the International Office.
|Last modified:||22 October 2020 09.46 a.m.|