Admission and application per prior education
Note: The form, content and procedure of the selection for start date September 2022 is unknown at this time. More information will follow as soon as possible.
- Bachelor Degree from a Dutch research university (not from a university of applied sciences)
- Sufficient prior knowledge for Psychology programme and for the particular track of your choice (track-specific admission requirements);
- Provide a specified motivation for the track(s) of your choice (in application form);
- Only for the tracks Klinische Psychologie, Klinische Neuropsychologie en Ontwikkelingspsychologie: Dutch language proficiency at native level (C2). Students with a Dutch language secondary school or Bachelor diploma satisfy this requirement automatically.
The admissions committee will determine whether you are admissible based on your application:
You meet the admission requirements: via the selection procedure
If there are more admissible students than available places, you will be invited for a selection test. After the selection procedure you may be placed on the waiting list. You can apply for two tracks: your first and your second choice. Please read the description of the selection procedure (including example test questions).
You do not meet all requirements: via the premaster
For a limited number of students it is possible to follow a premaster package. If you have completed the premaster within two years, you will be admitted to the track. Please read the Premaster section below! Please note that the premaster starts only in September (not in February).
Also note For students who started the premaster in 2019 or 2020 a different regulation applies, as described in their premaster decision.
If you expect to get your bachelor degree before the start date of the programme:
- Register www.studielink.nl at for the premaster Psychology or for the Master Psychology: the track of your first choice.
- Fill in the form Application for admission to (pre)master Psychology* and also in the form upload the checklist you filled out. For University College Groningen: UCG checklist. Please take a look at the examples of filled in checklists: example 1 / example 2
*The form Application for admission to (pre)master Psychology is accessible
-from mid August 2021 to 1 October 2021 for admission to programmes starting in February 2022.
-expected from mid-January to March 1, 2022 for admission to programs starting in September 2022.
NOTE The premaster and master track Clinical Psychology and the master track Clinical Forensic Psychology & Victimology start in September only.
Dates and deadlines
|1 February 2022*||
1 October 2021
1 September 2022
1 March 2022
*The track Clinical Psychology and the track Clinical Forensic Psychology and Victimology do not start in February.
*Also the premaster will not start in February
|Last modified:||27 October 2021 4.24 p.m.|