Herzog, Prof. Lisa
Prof. Lisa Herzog is Professor of Political Philosophy at the Faculty of Philosophy and works at the interface of political philosophy and economic theory. Her focus lies on democracy in the workplace, professional ethics, and the role of knowledge in democracies. One of the topics that she is currently occupied with is the role of experts in democracy; how can we attune democratic equality to the need to be able to trust specialized knowledge? Herzog has published on the philosophical dimensions of markets (both historical and systemic), liberalism and social justice, ethics in organizations, and the future of work.
Other topics that are close to her heart include diversity and interdisciplinarity; how can we ensure that the academic world contains space for everyone, regardless of background? And how can we build bridges between different fields of research to tackle difficult scientific questions and urgent societal problems? For Herzog, approaching these issues poses another question: how can we adjust the incentives and career criteria in the academic world to make various types of contributions possible?
From 2016 to 2019, Herzog was Professor of Political Philosophy and Theory at the Technical University of Munich. Since 2019, she has been working at the Faculty of Philosophy and the Centre for Philosophy, Politics and Economics at the UG. In addition, Herzog is a member of the Young Academy Groningen and has collaborated on the podcast series ‘Humans of RUG’.
Previously in the news
- Lisa Herzog joins The Young Academy
- Schader Prize awarded to Lisa Herzog for groundbreaking work
- ‘Het sociaal verduurzamen van organisaties laat arbeidskracht floreren’
- RUG-hoogleraar wint prijs van drie ton voor fundamenteel onderzoek
- Blowing holes in economic ideologies
- Lisa Herzog wins Ammodo Science Award 2021
- Ethical framework for equitable global Covid-19 vaccine distribution
- Lisa Herzog wins Philosophy and Social Ethics award
- Lisa Herzog to join the Centre for PPE in October
Contact and more information
|Last modified:||10 December 2021 12.11 p.m.|