Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
About us Latest news Press information

Photo and film recordings requests

If you want to make a photo or video recording on the premises of the University of Groningen, you need permission to do so. Permission can be requested via the application form on this page and must be filled in at least one week before the date of recording.

House rules

There are a number of house rules after you have received permission, namely;

  • Do not disturb lectures under any circumstances,
  • Always ask permission from people who have been portrayed in a recognizable way. State this in writing.
  • Place a sign with explanations so that bystanders know that there is a film being made,
  • In the case of media used elsewhere than on the RUG website, always mention that the recordings were made with the cooperation of the University of Groningen.


Do you need extra facilities such as deployment of RUG employees, security guards or other facilities? Please contact us at

Academic ceremonies

For public events such as promotions and speeches, you may take photos, videos and sound recordings for your own use. You must first ask the person in charge of the ceremony for permission to do so.


If you have any questions about your application, if you have not been granted permission or if you have any other questions about our policies, please contact us at

Last modified:11 April 2024 1.28 p.m.
View this page in: Nederlands