Staff members with discipline Physics, Particles & Fields
Academia develops at the interface of different fields. This is one reason why the University of Groningen is home to a wide range of fields, each with a great number of subject specialists. The overview below, which is based on a standard categorization of fields, will help you find the right expert for each field. If you cannot find the expert you are looking for in this list, try searching via a related field or faculty; you may find him or her there.
Philosophy of Science, especially Philosophy of Physics
-proton radiography for optimisation proton stopping powers in proton therapy
-time-of-flight PET for dose verification in proton therapy
-prompt gamma radiation for dose verification in proton therapy
Code-development (Fortran, Geant4) and MC simulations
-testing performance of the EMC of the PANDA(1) detector
-studies of different decay channels of charmonium energy states
-experiments in few-nucleon systems with polarized beams
-data analysis for dp breakup and elastic scattering reactions (polarized deuteron beam on proton target)
(1) anti-Proton ANnihilation at DArmstadt
Nuclear Structure and reactions
(2) Resolution of cosmological and black hole singularities, non-local, ghost-free infinite derivative gravity,
(3) Early universe cosmology, inflation, preheating/reheating, embedding inflation within particle and string theory,
(4) Primordial gravitational waves, Cosmological phase transitions, Non-Gaussianities
(5) The common origin behind dark matter & baryogenesis, beyond the Standard Model, SUSY, MSSM flat Directions, Q-balls, topological and non-topological solitons,
(6) Primordial magnetic field and its generations,
(7) Cosmobiology & habitability or habitable zones in the Universe.
If you wish to do PhD at Van Swinderen Institute on Inflationary Cosmology, Beyond the Standard Model Physics, Supersymmetric Cosmology, Dark Matter & Baryogenesis, Primordial Gravitational Waves, Asymptotically Free Quantum Gravity and its connection to String field theory, Tests of Quantum Gravity in a Laboratory, and Resolution of Big Bang Cosmological singularity & Blackhole Singularity problems contact me for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lightning Physics with LOFAR;
Theoretical particle physics
quantum mechanics, quantum field theory, mathematical physics
Experimental studies of fundamental symmetries and interactions.
History of Nuclear Physics 1900-1950.