Interdisciplinary and Experimental Research Programmes
The Master's degree programme is connected to the Energy and Sustainability Research Institute Groningen (ESRIG). The mission of ESRIG is to contribute to a world-wide energy supply for the next century, for more people in a sustainable way, by:
- Research: fundamental, applied and "contemplative"
- Education: B.Sc, M.Sc and PhD
The main themes of research are Energy supply and conversion, and Transition towards Sustainability. ESRIG participates in the Energy Academy Europe (international centre of excellence).
Research subjects include:
- Renewable energy systems
- 2nd and 3rd generation bio-fuels, land and ocean-based
- Energy scenario’s and models
- Carbon capture and storage
- Air pollution modelling
- Greenhouse gas cycles and fossil fuel verification