The Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies at the University of Groningen is a leading European institution for the study of religion. We are proud to be ranked as the best teaching and research centre for religion in the Netherlands. We are committed to highest standards in critical academic research, and we translate our research into stimulating and cutting-edge teaching programmes. We train students to be independent and critical observers of the place of religion in its cultural and historical context, and we prepare them for the job market.
Why study religion in Groningen?
- Best BA Religious Studies Programme in The Netherlands
- Only English taught BA programme in Religious Studies in The Netherlands
- Four unique English taught MA programmes
- Best 2-year Research Master's programme in Theology and Religious Studies in The Netherlands
- Taught at non-denominational, Top 100 University
- International atmosphere: over 50% of the teaching staff is international
- Small scale teaching
- Major hub in large international network of partner universities
- Lecturers are world leading scholars in their field of research
Talent grants and scholarships available.