If you do not have a bachelor's degree in either the Humanities or Behavioural and Social Sciences, you will first need to complete a pre-master's programme of 60 ECTS before you can enter one of the tracks of the master's programme in Theology and Religious Studies.
There are several electives you can choose from, depending on the track of your choice. Below, you will find the complete programme for the English taught master's tracks.
1st semester (30 ECTS)
- Concepts and Methods 1: Study of Religion
- Rituals in Theory and Practice or Judaism (R&P)
- Religion in South Asia
- Anthropology of Religion or Hebrew Bible and Ancient Judaism (R&P)
2nd semester (30 ECTS)
- Religion, Media and Popular Culture (HR) or Religion and Politics (RCG) or Psychology and Sociology of Religion
- Ethics and Secularity
Please contact our student advisors to see what the options are.
RCG = Religion, Conflict and Globalization
HR = Heritage and Religion
R&P = Religion and Pluralism, Ancient and Modern
For the pre-master's programme, you will pay a so called compensation in stead of regular tuition fees. This compensation is the same for both EU and non-EU students.
For the Dutch taught specialization Werk en Zingeving you need to follow a different pre-master's programme.
For the Dutch taught specialization in Spiritual Care you need to follow a different pre-master's programme.
Students who do not have a bachelor's degree in Arts/Humanities or Behavioural and Social Sciences may be exempted from the requirement to complete the pre-master programme if they have:
Completed an RCS university minor of 30 ECTS (Religion in the Modern World or Art and Religion) .
Can demonstrate completion of 30 ECTS worth of subjects in their previous degree programme that have introduced them to the following disciplines:
- Politics, Philosophy, Gender Studies, Migration, Development Studies, Human Rights (RCG);
- History, Cultural Studies, Heritage Studies, Archaeology, Architecture, Art History, Spatial Sciences (Cultural Geography) (HR);
- Archaeology, Ancient History, Ancient Languages, Ancient Philosophy (R&P);
- Organisational Psychology, Business Management, Human Resources (WZ).
Students who have completed a bachelor's degree at HBO level are still required to complete the one-year pre-master programme.
For the pre-master's programme for the English taught master's tracks, you apply in Studielink for the premaster's programme of the BA in Religious Studies.
For the pre-master's programme for the Dutch taught track in Spiritual Care, you apply in Studielink for the pre-master's programme of the BA in Theology.
|Last modified:||06 July 2023 1.33 p.m.|