Information for new pre-master students
The time has come: you are starting your pre-master at the Faculty of Spatial Sciences! To help you get started, you can find practical information here. This information is meant for students who are admissible (according to the admission board) to one of the pre-master programmes of the Faculty of Spatial Sciences.
As the corona measures are still in place, there may be some uncertainties about how the 2021-2022 academic year will progress. To keep informed, please check this page . If we have any updates, we will post them there.
'Zachte knip' ('soft cut') in academic year 2021-2022
Students with a degree from a University of Applied Sciences or students with a bachelor degree from a University, who want to start a premaster on September 1, can apply for the so-called ‘soft cut’ measure. Please see the website for the conditions and how to apply.
The University of Groningen organizes a welcoming ceremony for all international students.
The faculty introduction is being planned at this moment. More information will be announced later on.
Registering for courses
You have to enroll for your courses every semester. You are automatically enrolled for your exams. You can view the registration periods for courses on the Student Portal. See the tutorial below for a guide how to enroll for your courses. For semester 1a you are pre-enrolled for your courses. Are you a pre-master Real Estate Studies student? Then you have to choose between Reflecting HGP and Inleiding Recht. Since you have to make this choice yourself, you do have to enroll for these courses yourself. Are you planning on starting in September, but you have not been enrolled for your courses yet? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can order your study books online through the website of our study association Ibn Batutta. You can check on their website which books you will need and order them when applicable with a discount.
To be able to run the software you will need during your courses, we have listed a number of specifications for laptops.
Tutorials ICT systems
In the practical links below you go to different systems and webpages for all your study information. If you are new this can be quite confusing. Please check these tutorials for the steps you have to take to follow courses and stay up to date before and during your study.
- Register for courses in ProgressWWW
- Find courses and your programme in Ocasys
- Academic calendar
- See your schedule
- Important announcements in the Student Portal
- Information in the organization for bachelor students
- Practical study information
- Location Faculty of Spatial Sciences
- More information about the Zernike Campus
Services of the Faculty and the University
- The Student Support Desk of our faculty
- The study advisors of our faculty
- Ibn Battuta, the study association
- Pro Geo, student interest organization
- Geo Promotion, organization congress
- Girugten, faculty magazine
- Career Services FSS (Duisenberg building)
- UG Career Services (city centre)
- UG Student Support experts in study counseling (if you have problems go to the study advisor first)
- Practical information about studying at the UG
|Last modified:||30 April 2021 12.02 p.m.|