Information for new pre-master students
The time has come: you are starting your pre-master at the Faculty of Spatial Sciences! To help you get started, you can find practical information here. This information is meant for students who are admissible (according to the admission board) to one of the pre-master programmes of the Faculty of Spatial Sciences.
The University of Groningen organizes a welcoming ceremony for all international students. This ceremony will take place on Thursday, August 29, 2019.
On August 30th there is an introduction for pre-master students (not for pre-master students Real Estate Studies) at 9.30 am in room 5416.0059. You will receive an email with the invitation for the introduction at the faculty.
Registering for courses
You have to enroll for your courses every semester. You are automatically enrolled for your exams. You can view the registration periods for courses on the Student Portal. See the tutorial below for a guide how to enroll for your courses.
Tutorials ICT systems
In the practical links below you go to different systems and webpages for all your study information. If you are new this can be quite confusing. Please check these tutorials for the steps you have to take to follow courses and stay up to date before and during your study.
- Register for courses in ProgressWWW
- Find courses and your programme in Ocasys
- See your schedule
- Important announcements in the Student Portal
- Information in the organization for bachelor students
- Practical study information
- Location Faculty of Spatial Sciences
- Ground Plan Zernike Campus
- More information about the Zernike Campus
Services of the Faculty and the University
- The Student Support Desk of our faculty
- The study advisors of our faculty
- Ibn Battuta, the study association
- Pro Geo, student interest organization
- Geo Promotion, organization congress
- Girugten, faculty magazine
- Career Services FSS (Duisenberg building)
- UG Career Services (city centre)
- UG Student Support experts in study counseling (if you have problems go to the study advisor first)
- Practical information about studying at the UG
|Last modified:||07 January 2020 3.27 p.m.|