Why you should choose the University of Groningen for your Bachelor’s degree
A Bachelor’s degree from the University of Groningen is your passport to an accomplished life and career. The UG consistently ranks amongst the top 100 universities in the world. With over 180 undergraduate programmes across 11 faculties, ranging from medicine to law, to arts and the sciences, this is the place to get your career off to a great start. Our Bachelor programmes are taught by world-class researchers, who will give you personal guidance to develop your academic skills and talent. You will also benefit from the excellent facilities offered by the University and study with smart, ambitious students from all over the world. To provide excellent education, the University of Groningen has set itself the highest standards, with an inclusive academic community to help you develop the knowledge you’ll need for a thriving career.
10 things you should know about the University of Groningen
- We’re consistently ranked as one of the top 100 universities in the world.
- The UG’s also been ranked as the best general university in the Netherlands.
- We offer nine top-rated Bachelor’s degree programmes, with over 180 undergraduate degrees across 11 faculties.
- The UG offers a truly international experience, with some 120 nationalities represented. Over a quarter of our students are international and nearly all of our programmes are taught in English.
- The UG is home to some of the best researchers in the world. We’ve nurtured four Nobel Prize winners, the most recent being Ben Feringa in 2016.
- You’ll benefit from personalised guidance in small classes in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Completing a degree programme at the UG is an investment in your future. On average, graduates from research universities earn 50% more than those from universities of applied sciences.
- A Bachelor’s degree from the UG carries a lot of value and allows you to pursue a postgraduate programme in Groningen or abroad.
- You’ll be living in one of the most vibrant student cities in Europe. Groningen offers a wide range of cultural activities, and with half of its population under 35, it is the youngest city in the Netherlands.
- You’ll be part of the University of Groningen family, even after you graduate. In total there are 120,000 alumni worldwide, organised into 21 different chapters globally.
A Bachelor’s Degree at the UG will prepare you to succeed socially, professionally and academically. Are you ready to take advantage of the unmatched opportunities offered by the University of Groningen? Apply right away.
Ben je een Nederlandse studiekiezer? Ga dan naar onze pagina's voor Nederlandse studenten.
|Last modified:||18 April 2019 10.10 a.m.|