Examples of activities
A variety of projects have been conducted during the last years. The following list of recent projects provides a picture of our expertise:
- CIBIF leads the MFS 2 evaluations for Ethiopia and India. This evaluation deals with a diverse set of developmental projects – including education, microfinance, cooperatives, gender, and fund raising projects – of NGOs, partly funded by the Dutch government.
- CIBIF conducts a large scale impact evaluation of a business training provided to female microfinance clients in Vietnam.
- CIBIF is involved with several research projects of the African Economic Research Consortium (AERC). Recently an extensive study on the determinants of capital flight from African economies has been completed.
- Fellows of CIBIF take part in research projects funded by DFID on Finance and Development.
- CIBIF organises international conferences, such as the "Second European Research Conference On Microfinance".
- CIBIF develops training programs for bankers, policymakers and university students. An example is the training on microfinance regulation that has been offered to the Central Bank in Rwanda.
- CIBIF performed an analysis of a Pension Dashboard for a well-known Dutch pension fund.
- CIBIF performed an analysis of government policy with respect to so-called ‘Green Investing’.
|Last modified:||23 November 2018 2.22 p.m.|