Implementation of the ‘soft cut’ between bachelor and master
Due to the corona crisis, and the related measures that have been taken in many countries, the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science has again decided to give institutions the opportunity to, under certain circumstances, allow students to already participate in a master's programme without having completed their bachelor’s programme. The so-called 'hard cut' has been converted into a 'soft cut'. Below is a detailed explanation of how this will be implemented for the masters of Campus Fryslân.
- We will allow a maximum deficiency of 15 ECTS.
- The deficiency may consist of a course or at most 2 courses or (part of) the bachelor's thesis. For both the courses and the thesis, the students must be able to demonstrate that the largest part has been completed and that only minor parts are lacking, for example because they have not been able to complete an assignment, were not able to take the examination, or were not able to complete the thesis report.
- Students need to request the admissions board for approval for the deficiency, via email:
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship: cf-se rug.nl
- Voice Technology: cf-vt rug.nl
- Tourism, Geography and Planning: cf-tgp rug.nl
- Climate Adaptation Governance: cf-cag rug.nl
- The Admissions Board will then examine on an individual basis whether he/she a) meets the above requirements and b) whether he/she can reasonably complete the bachelor's courses in addition to following the master's.
|Last modified:||04 May 2021 12.16 p.m.|