Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
About us Campus Fryslân Studying at Campus Fryslân


At Campus Fryslân, we understand that studying at university can be a costly experience. Depending on your personal circumstances, there are several funding options available which may help finance your university career.

1. Grants/scholarships

There are several grants and scholarships available to help cover your study costs. Search for grants through the University of Groningen or Nuffic websites.

2. For EU/EEA students: Study finance

If you are under the age of 30 and are registered in full-time or dual education at university level, you might be eligible to receive study finance. Student finance consists of different components, such as the basic grant, the supplementary grant, the interest bearing loan, the student travel product and the tuition fees loan. If you are eligible to receive study finance depends on your residence permit or your nationality. For more information, please consult

3. For Frisian bachelor/master students: Friese studieleen

There are still around 20 so-called Frisian loans in the province of Friesland. These Frisian loans have study funds for the support of students who want to follow a course in higher education. The number of available scholarships varies per year and per loan. For more information about applying for a financial contribution, please consult the following page.

Last modified:08 November 2023 1.54 p.m.
View this page in: Nederlands