Staff members with discipline Mathematics, Applied
Academia develops at the interface of different fields. This is one reason why the University of Groningen is home to a wide range of fields, each with a great number of subject specialists. The overview below, which is based on a standard categorization of fields, will help you find the right expert for each field. If you cannot find the expert you are looking for in this list, try searching via a related field or faculty; you may find him or her there.
My research focuses on the development of statistical models for applications in the social sciences. These models often contain dynamic or longitudinal components. Furthermore, I’m interested in science communication - for which data visualisation plays a key role - and the improvement of scientific practice in general.
Furthermore, I'm Director of Research of the Heymans Institute for Psychological Research.
See casperalbers.nl for details.
+31 50 36 38239
- Parallel computing
- Numerical bifurcation analysis
- Stochastic ocean-climate models
- Transitions between steady states
- Lyapunov equations
Software created by us:
- Our preconditioner HYMLS and implicit Earth system model of intermediate complexity I-EMIC: https://github.com/nlesc-smcm.
- Our Lyapunov solver RAILS: https://github.com/Sbte/RAILS.
- Our FVM package for bifurcation analysis on fluid dynamics problems: https://github.com/BIMAU/fvm.
- Our implementation of JDQR and JDQZ in Python: https://github.com/BIMAU/jadapy.
+31 50 36 33485
geophysical fluid flows,
neuromorphic computing and memristors,
shallow water equations,
hyperbolic balance laws and non-conservative finite volume methods.
For more info, see https://www.math.rug.nl/j.koellermeier
As CSIO: GO FAIR initiative, personal health environments, (research, medical and care) data coupling and sharing and its ethical and legal implications.
Correctness and verification techniques for software systems with concurrency and communication.
More details in my personal home page.
+31 50 36 33971
+31 50 36 34531
+31 50 36 38740
+31 50 36 34870