The next University elections will be held from 17-21 May 2021 and are for the student and staff sections of the University Council and the Faculty Councils as well as the University of Groningen Employee Councils.
Consultative participation councils are of great importance. By voting, you can exercise your influence in a variety of areas within the UG. The University Council discusses topics that are important for the entire University community, such as budgets, teaching, research, student facilities and the University’s strategic agenda.
The Faculty Councils discuss topics such as faculty budgets, Faculty regulations, Teaching and Examination Regulations and a variety of teaching matters. The Employee Councils have a say in matters concerning the various service units of the University, such as the Office of the University, the CIT and the University Library.
All announcements concerning the University elections can be found on this website. The 2021 timeline is as follows:
- The Central Voting Bureau (CSB) informs all eligible voters by e-mail how they are registered in the RUG electoral register and on which councils a vote can be cast. The electoral register was open for inspection from Tuesday 2 to Monday 8 March 2021.
- Candidate nominations were able to be submitted digitally from Thursday 25 March until 3 p.m. on Wednesday 7 April 2021.
- The 2021 University elections for staff and students will take place from 7 a.m. on Monday 17 May until 5 p.m. on Friday 21 May 2021.
- Students and staff members can vote electronically between 7 a.m. on Monday 17 May and 5 p.m. on Friday 21 May 2021.
- The results will be announced via a livestream on Tuesday 25 May 2021, starting at 5 p.m.
Please note: the notice forms will be sent out digitally!
|Last modified:||06 April 2021 1.04 p.m.|