Announcements and latest news
The Central Electoral Committee informs students and employees of the university about the university elections through a number of official announcements.
Establishment of electoral registers – check your voting rights
Concerning the elections of May 2023, the Central Electorate Committee hereby announces the following:
- 16 January 2023: All electoral registers will be established for the elections of the University Council, the Faculty Councils and the Service Department Councils of the University of Groningen
- 17 January 2023: You will receive an e-mail allowing you to view your details in the relevant electoral registers
- 17 January 2023 until 19 January 2023: You can submit an error correction request if you were wrongly or incorrectly included, or if you were wrongly not included in the electoral register
- No later than 24 January 2023: The Central Electoral Committee will reach a decision concerning any error correction request as referred to under 3
- 25 January 2023 until 8 March 2023: You can appeal against the Central Electoral Committee’s decision. Please submit your letter of appeal via email@example.com.
By virtue of the Higher Education and Research Act and the University of Groningen Electoral Regulations, all students and staff of the University of Groningen have both active and passive voting rights. This means that any student or member of staff is entitled to vote (active voting rights) or stand for election (passive voting rights) for the University consultative bodies on condition that they are included in the electoral register of the Council or Service where they are employed or enrolled as a student.
Available from February 16, 2023.
Available from March 23, 2023.
Available from April 3, 2023.
|Last modified:||04 January 2023 11.51 a.m.|