dr. T.L.J. Broekhuizen
Thijs Broekhuizen (download CV as PDF) is Associate Professor at the Department of Innovation Management & Strategy. Since January 2020, he is also the scientific director of the University of Groningen Business School.
His main research interests are related to the value creation and appropriation of innovations in technology-based settings characterized by fierce competition and changing environments. His research is interdisciplinary and bridges the fields of strategy, innovation and digitalization. He investigates the development and performance of digital business models, and how firms can appropriate value from their (digital) innovations by responding to digital/disruptive technologies.
He has published in journals such as Journal of Marketing Research, Research Policy, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Industry & Innovation, Futures, Business Horizons, and Journal of Business Research.
He has served as an ad-hoc reviewer for several journals (IJRM, JAMS, JMS, RP, JPIM, JSR, BH), and participated as a jury member in research applications (NWO, Narodowe Centrum Nauki/Poland, Research Council Norway). He applied and won two major European grants (Interreg and FP6). He chairs the Signature Area Digital Business Models, and is a board member of the Groningen Digital Business Center.
At the University of Groningen, he also teaches strategy, innovation, and digital subjects for academic and executive programmes. He has served as director of the MSc BA programme between 2015-2020. Currently, he is the programme director of the Executive MBA, which includes the following tracks: Energy Transition, Health, Food and Retail. and the new track of Sustainable Business Models.
In terms of valorization activities, he maintains close relationships and shares his insights with regional actors and businesses. Since 2018, he coordinates the Northern-Netherlands Innovation Monitor (co-organized with SNN), surveying close to 8000 SMEs each year. His research is frequently covered in the popular press and media. He contributed to two industry reports reflecting the State of the Northern Netherlands, and evaluated the effectiveness of two regional innovation policy instruments. He frequently visits conferences and symposia, and simultaneously acts as a moderator or workshop leader on strategy, innovation and digitalization.
- August 2014-present Associate Professor of Innovation Management and Strategy, FEB, University of Groningen.
- September 2008-2014 Assistant Professor of Innovation Management and Strategy, FEB, University of Groningen.
- September 2006-2008 Post-Doctoral Researcher, Strategy & Innovation, FEB, University of Groningen.
- 2021-Present Director of EMBA
- 2020-Present Scientific Director of UGBS
- 2019-Present Member "Stuurgroep" Groningen Digital Business Centre
- 2018-Present Coordinator of Northern Netherlands Innovation Monitor
- 2017-Present Chair Signature Area Digital Business Models
- 2015-2020 Director of MScBA
- 2011-2014 Track Director of MScBA Strategic Innovation Management
2008-2014 Master Thesis Coordinator MSc BA SIM
- 2009-2012 Member of Programme Committee of the MScBA
RESEARCH GRANTS & EXTERNAL FUNDING
- 2019-2021 €123K PassPartool. Interreg Europe led by Arti (Bari, Italy). Total budget: 1.6 million. Together with Erzsi Meerstra-De Haan & Florian Noseleit
- 2019 €7K Innovation Monitor
- 2018-2019 €14K Evaluation of subsidy (KEI-regeling)
- 2018 €1.3K SiA KIEM. Consortium DataTales, led by HU. Total budget: 20K
- 2017 €15K NWO KIEM. (with Killian McCarthy)
- 2015-2018 €3.5K Presentations on behalf of AoG
- 2011 €2.5K Innovation Voucher LaCasa Consultants
- 2006-2008 €300K 6FP project EU, eRep: Social Knowledge for E-Governance, led by CNR-ISTC (Rome, Italy). Total budget: € 1.2 million.
- 2017-2018 Certificate - Leergang Onderwijskundig Leiderschap
- 2010 Certificate – Dutch University Teaching Quality standard
|Laatst gewijzigd:||12 september 2021 23:13|