dr. T.L.J. Broekhuizen
Thijs Broekhuizen (download CV as PDF) is an Associate Professor at the Department of Innovation Management & Strategy. He also chairs the Signature Area Digital Business Models and is a board member of the Groningen Digital Business Centre. Furthermore, he coordinates the annual Northern Netherlands Innovation Monitor together with SNN. Since January 2020, he is the scientific director of the University of Groningen Business School. He has been the director of the MScBA between 2015-2020.
His main research interests are interdisciplinary and bridge the fields of innovation and marketing and reside in Value Appropriation-Innovation & Adoption-Diffusion. His research focuses on the success of entertainment products such as video games, movies, music, and books, but also on complex financial products. His current focus is on the role of digital business models, and how firms can appropriate value from their (digital) innovations in turbulent environments, as well as how firms respond to disruptive technologies.
His articles have appeared in the Journal of Marketing Research, Research Policy, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Futures, Business Horizons, Journal of Business Research, and Journal of Market-Focused Management.
Thijs has coordinated and lectured several courses of the Master MScBA SIM, and has been the coordinator of the Master thesis of SIM between 2008-2014. He coordinated the MScBA Strategic Innovation Management between 2012-2015 and currently is the director of the MScBA. This Master has ranked the best general MScBA master in 2017 and 2018 according to the Keuzegids and ranked first according to the NSE results of 2019.
- 2001-2006 PhD in Management Science, University of Groningen. Title: Understanding Channel Choice: Measuring Online and Offline Shopping Value Perceptions.
- 1995-2001 MSc in Economics, University of Groningen.
- August 2014-present Associate Professor of Innovation Management and Strategy, FEB, University of Groningen.
- September 2008-2014 Assistant Professor of Innovation Management and Strategy, FEB, University of Groningen.
- September 2006-2008 Post-Doctoral Researcher, Strategy & Innovation, FEB, University of Groningen.
- 2020-Present Scientific Director of UGBS
- 2019-Present Member "Stuurgroep" Groningen Digital Business Centre
- 2018-Present Coordinator of Northern Netherlands Innovation Monitor
- 2017-Present Chair Signature Area Digital Business Models
- 2015-2020 Director of MScBA
- 2011-2014 Track Director of MScBA Strategic Innovation Management
- 2011-2014 Member of the development group for MScBA
- 2011 Jury member of Veni grant on innovation research
2008-2014 Master Thesis Coordinator MSc BA SIM
- 2009-2012 Member of Programme Committee of the MScBA
- 2008-2009 Jury member of best SOM PhD article
RESEARCH GRANTS & EXTERNAL FUNDING
- 2019-2021 €123K PassPartool. Interreg Europe led by Arti (Bari, Italy). Total budget: 1.6 million. Together with Erzsi Meerstra-De Haan & Florian Noseleit
- 2019 €7K Innovation Monitor
- 2018-2019 €14K Evaluation of subsidy (KEI-regeling)
- 2018 €1.3K SiA KIEM. Consortium DataTales, led by HU. Total budget: 20K
- 2017 €15K NWO KIEM. Together with Killian McCarthy
- 2015-2018 €3.5K Presentations on behalf of AoG
- 2011 €2.5K Innovation Voucher LaCasa Consultants
- 2006-2008 €300K Sixth FP project European Union, eRep: Social Knowledge for E-Governance, led by CNR-ISTC (Rome, Italy). Total budget: € 1.2 million.
- 2001-2005 €11K research funding
- 2017-2018 Certificate - Leergang Onderwijskundig Leiderschap
- June 2010 BKO Certificate – Dutch University Teaching Quality standard
|Laatst gewijzigd:||01 juni 2020 21:47|