Collaboration with the professional field
Science works closely together with actual practice. The professional field presents the academic world with topics for socially relevant research, knows what is going on in day-to-day practice and is involved in the entire process of scientific research. Knowledge is shared and meaningful results are applied to practical situations. This scientific substantiation is of great importance to the professional field.
Academic Collaborative Centers
The Academic Collaborative Centers (Academische Werkplaatsen) are where policymakers, professionals, academics and teachers come together to share and acquire knowledge and innovate the healthcare field. We participate in the following Academic Collaborative Centers:
- C4Youth (Collaborative Center on Care for Children and Youth with behavioural and emotional problems)
- Academische Thuiszorg Werkplaats Oost Groningen / Goud Leven
- KCVG (Dutch Research Center for Insurance Medicine)
- ACPV (Dutch Academic Center for Insurance Medicine)
- Collaborative Center Public Health North-Netherlands
The Collaborative Center Public Health North-Netherlands aims to reinforce public health policy, improve the scientific basis of the northern public health services, and to reach a closer link between research and practice. The collaborative center is coordinated by the northern public health services (GGD’en); UMCG Community and Occupational Medicine is one of the core partners. Central theme is the health and care in regions with population decline.The coordination team consists of:
- Nynke van Zanden (GGD Drenthe, n.van.zanden ggddrenthe.nl);
- Renée Stoffels (GGD Groningen, renee.stoffels ggd.groningen.nl);
- Jan Bleeker (GGD Fryslân, j.bleeker ggdfryslan.nl; en UMCG J.K.Bleeker umcg.nl).
Scientists and professionals tell their stories
Here are a few scientists and professionals who would like to share their experiences with and opinions about this powerful link between academia and actual practice:
‘Collaboration with insurance medicine emerged bottom-up’.
Dr K. (Klaske) Wynia on the new model for elderly care in the municipalities of Stadskanaal, Veendam en Pekela.
‘Research should be meaningful for the professional field’.
‘We called upon academia to make our profession more transparent’...read on
‘What motivates me as project leader in the SamenOud project is collaboration and coherence’.
Verpleegkundig specialist Agnietje Bakker over het onderzoeksproject Op weg naar evidence-based triage binnen de jeugdgezondheidszorg van 0-4 jaar.