Admission and application per prior education
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology or in a variant of Psychology from a Research university (not from a university of applied sciences or a ‘Hochschule’);
- Sufficient prior knowledge for Psychology programme and for the particular track of your choice (track-specific admission requirements);
- Satisfy English language requirements;
- Provide a specified motivation for the track(s) of your choice in the checklist (feb 2022) or checklist (sep 2022);
- Only for the tracks Klinische Psychologie, Klinische Neuropsychologie en Ontwikkelingspsychologie: Dutch language proficiency at native level (C2). Students with a Dutch language secondary school or Bachelor diploma satisfy this requirement automatically.
The admissions committee will determine whether you are admissible based on your application:
You meet the admission requirements: via the selection procedure
If there are more admissible students than available places, you will be invited for a selection test. After the selection procedure you may be placed on the waiting list. You can apply for two tracks: your first and your second choice. Please read the description of the selection procedure (including example test questions).
You do not meet all requirements: via the premaster
For a limited number of students it is possible to follow a premaster package. If you have completed the premaster within one year, and meet the language requirements (in the case of an English-language track), you will be admitted to the track. Read the details in the premaster section below. Please note that the premaster starts only in September (not in February).
Also note: For students who started the premaster in 2019 or 2020 a different regulation applies, as described in their premaster decision.
- Go to studielink.nl
- Request a username and password (for detailed information see the manual*)
- Select the track of your choice (drop-down list)
- Finish the submission in studielink: after finishing your submission you will receive an e-mail with information that allows you to activate your user account for OAS (the Online Application System used by the University of Groningen)
- Activate your OAS account
- Again select the track of your choice (in OAS)
- Upload the filled in checklist (start feb) or checklist (start sept) in OAS. Carefully read the instructions for the checklist. Please take a look at the examples of filled in checklists: example 1 / example 2
Dates and deadlines
|1 February 2022*||
1 October 2021
1 September 2022
1 March 2022
*The track Clinical Psychology and the track Clinical Forensic Psychology and Victimology do not start in February.
|Last modified:||01 November 2021 1.59 p.m.|