Payment of tuition fees
How can I pay my tuition fees?
I would like to pay my tuition fees as a lump sum. What should I do?
Can I pay in cash?
My employer is paying my tuition fees, but cannot do this by direct debit. What should I do?
My parents will pay my tuition fee. How can I arrange that?
I pay my tuition fees as a lump sum. When will the tuition fees be debited from my account?In the last week of the month in which you started.
- You started on 1 September, then the amount will be debited from your account in the last week of September.
- You started on 1 February, then the amount will be debited from your account in the last week of February.
You can only authorize the University of Groningen to debit your account for the full amount if you have a Dutch bankaccount.
For which date do I have to pay the tuition fees?
Pay the tuition fees or arrange a (digital) direct debit payment before the start date of your degree programme. For example:
- Start date 1 September: the university must have received your payment no later than 31 August.
- Start date 1 February: the university must have received your payment no later than 31 January.
Missed the deadline?
After 1 September you can register only with the consent of the degree programme. For more information, please contact the study advisor.
Can I modify my payment details in Studielink?No, after confirmation, you can no longermodify the entered payment details in Studielink.
Please contact Information Services - Central Student Administration by using the link 'Ask your question' below if you wish to modify these details.
Pay tuition fees in instalments
- How can I arrange payment in instalments?
- When will the instalments be debited from my account and how much is each instalment?
- I am paying my tuition fees in instalments. What happens if my bank balance is insufficient for the tuition fees to be debited?
- I am registering during the academic year. Can I still pay my tuition fees in instalments?
- My instalment has not been taken from my account, but the balance was sufficient.
Pay your tuition fees via Tikkie
What are the conditions for direct debit payment of tuition fees?