Payment of tuition fees
An overview of the payment possibilities
Conditions for direct debit payment of tuition feesAn overview of the conditions for direct debit payment of tuition fees can be found on the pages mentioned below:
For which date do I have to pay the tuition fees?Pay the tuition fees or arrange a (digital) direct debit payment before the start date of your degree programme. For example:
- Start date 1 September: the university must have received your payment no later than 31 August.
- Start date 1 February: the university must have received your payment no later than 31 January.
- If you start on 1 September, you pay (initially) for twelve months.
- If you start on 1 February, you pay for the period from February to August (seven months). If you continue with your degree programme as of 1 September, you will pay again from 1 September to 31 August.
Pay tuition fees as a lump sum or in instalments
What must I do if somebody else will pay my tuition fees?When filling in the payment details in Studielink, you indicate that someone else pays your tuiton fees.
The tuition fees can be paid by
- a direct debit payment or a personal payment instruction to the bank.
- an invoice.
Can I modify my payment details in Studielink?
Regulations for registration and tuition feesThe Regulations for registration and tuition fees set out the (legal) conditions for registration and tuition fees at the University of Groningen.
More information can be found on the Regulations for registration and tuition fees page or our website.
Can I pay in cash?
Pay your tuition fees via Tikkie