MSc Finance Thesis
This page contains important information for students who want to write a MSc Finance Thesis.
- Thesis Manual MSc Finance 2018-2019 semester I
- Thesis Manual MSc Finance 2017-2018 semester II
- Assessment Form
- Information on Ocasys
In order to emphasize the importance of responsible conduct of research in the MSc Finance program, you need to complete relevant web based modules of the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) before you can start the Master’s Thesis. These modules enable students to understand essential topics for responsible research. You need to complete the following four modules:
- Data Management
- Research Misconduct
- Conflict of Interest
You can get access to these modules in the following way.
- create an account
- select your organization affiliation: University of Groningen – Faculty of Economics and Business.
Successful completion of the modules will be administered in the following way. You need to upload the certificates on the Nestor webpage of the Master Thesis Finance (preferably as PDFs) together with your Thesis proposal. You can contact Grietje Pol (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case of questions.
- Lammertjan Dam provides a useful way of structuring and writing a Master Thesis in Finance.
- John Cochrane offers Writing tips for PhD students. This short paper provides a nice view on how to write an academic paper, which is also useful for MSc Finance students.
- Writing a research proposal (University of Illiniois - Urbana Champaign)
- How to write a research proposal
Supervisors and topics
- Overview of Supervisors and their topics
- Viola Angelini
- Wolfgang Bessler
- Nanne Brunia
- Francesco Cecchi
- Financial Ethics
- Niels Hermes
- Swarnodeep Homroy
- Marc Kramer
- Martien Lamers
- Robert Lensink
- Jochen Mierau
- Auke Plantinga
- Bert Scholtens
- Peter Smid
- Raymond Zaal
- Gijsbert Zwart
Previous Thesis Manuals
|Laatst gewijzigd:||17 april 2018 15:09|