MSc Finance Thesis
This page contains important information for students who want to write a MSc Finance Thesis.
- Thesis Manual MSc Finance 2019-2020 Semester I
- Thesis Manual MSc Finance 2018-1019 semester II
- Assessment Form
- Information on Ocasys
Standard model for submitting a thesis proposal
- You have to use the standard model for submitting a thesis proposal.
- Download the standard model and save the Word Document.
- Answer the questions on the first page.
- Use the structure on the second page as a basis for your thesis proposal.
- Save the document and upload it on the Nestor site of the MS Finance Thesis for the appropriate semester.
CIBIF facilitate that students combine internships with master theses. We currently have a couple of internship projects that are suitable for a master thesis:
- Asset management internship at PGGM
- Internships at ABN AMRO trading
- Internships at Cardano Development
For students doing an internship, we use wider deadlines to account for logistic difficulties associated with internships.
In order to emphasize the importance of responsible conduct of research in the MSc Finance program, you need to complete relevant web based modules of the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) before you can start the Master’s Thesis. These modules enable students to understand essential topics for responsible research. You need to complete the following four modules:
- Data Management
- Research Misconduct
- Conflict of Interest
You can get access to these modules in the following way.
- create an account
- select your organization affiliation: University of Groningen – Faculty of Economics and Business.
Successful completion of the modules will be administered in the following way. You need to upload the certificates on the Nestor webpage of the Master Thesis Finance (preferably as PDFs) together with your Thesis proposal. You can contact Grietje Pol (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case of questions.
- Lammertjan Dam provides a useful way of structuring and writing a Master Thesis in Finance.
- John Cochrane offers Writing tips for PhD students. This short paper provides a nice view on how to write an academic paper, which is also useful for MSc Finance students.
- Writing a research proposal (University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign)
- How to write a research proposal
Supervisors and topics
- Viola Angelini
- Wolfgang Bessler
- Jakob Bosma
- Nanne Brunia
- Steffen Eriksen
- Niels Hermes
- Swarnodeep Homroy
- Egle Karmaziene
- Bert Kramer
- Marc Kramer
- Christiaan van der Kwaak
- Carolina Laureti
- Robert Lensink
- Annika Müller
- Auke Plantinga
- Sebastiaan Pool
- Adri de Ridder
- Kasper Roszbach
- Roelof Salomons
- Andrea Schertler
- Bert Scholtens
- Nassima Selmane
- Peter Smid
- Sandor Sólvágós
- Jules Tinang
- Artem Tsvetkov
- Roberto Wessels
- Raymond Zaal
- Gijsbert Zwart
Previous Thesis Manuals
No matching articles were found.