Presentation of the University’s name
As a rule, the house style stipulates that the name ‘Rijksuniversiteit Groningen/University of Groningen’ be written in full. In running Dutch text, the abbreviation ‘RUG’ may be used, provided that the name (with the abbreviation) is given in full at first mention. In texts in English, the abbreviation ‘UG’ may be used. Please note that the notation 'RuG' is no longer in use.
Presentation of the names of faculties and support services
Names of faculties and support services must be presented as follows:
- Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies - Faculteit Godgeleerdheid en Godsdienstwetenschap
- Faculty of Law - Faculteit Rechtsgeleerdheid
- Faculty of Medical Sciences - Faculteit Medische Wetenschappen
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Faculty of Arts - Faculteit der Letteren
- Faculty of Economics and Business - Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfskunde
- Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences - Faculteit Gedrags- en Maatschappijwetenschappen
- Faculty of Philosophy - Faculteit Wijsbegeerte
- Faculty of Spatial Sciences - Faculteit Ruimtelijke Wetenschappen
- University College Groningen - University College Groningen
- Campus Fryslân - Campus Fryslân (faculty in the process of formation)
- Office of the University - Bureau van de Universiteit
- University of Groningen Library - Bibliotheek Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
- Center for Information Technology - Centrum voor Informatie Technologie
- Internal Services Department - Facilitair bedrijf
In accordance with the brand architecture, both the horizontal and the vertical logo banner may include two additional brand elements.
The second brand element may consist of the name of a faculty or service, other subdivisions of the organization directly under the authority of the Board of the University or subdivisions that have been authorized by the Board to add their name after the second slash.
The third element may consist of the name of a graduate school or research institute or a subdivision of a faculty (e.g. departments or units) or service.
To this end, a ‘grid’ of slashes is used. How to fill the logo banner is explained below.
N.B. Abbreviations may never be used in the logo banner!
|Last modified:||29 June 2017 10.57 a.m.|