What does the University of Groningen have to offer PhD students?
Welcome to our academic community!
The University stimulates (informal) cooperation, both within your own department and beyond. There is an open and innovative atmosphere. You work alongside colleagues from different disciplines, from several perspectives and with various target groups, such as students. You also have plenty of opportunities to meet other colleagues. The University of Groningen is a place where many different people come together.
The University of Groningen also has many communities in which members of staff come together, both formally and informally. For PhD students, there is GOPHER, the Groningen Organization for PhD Education and Recreation, for example. You also have the opportunity to meet colleagues at the University Sports Centre (ACLO), the cultural centre Usva, and in and around our bustling city.
At the University of Groningen:
- Your work has an impact on science and society
- Your talent is appreciated
- You work in a stimulating and inclusive academic community
- You work with colleagues from different disciplines and backgrounds on a regional, national and international basis, and with various partners such as NGOs, companies and governments
- You collaborate across disciplines in order to produce excellent research
Want to work with us in an open academic community?
Join our open academic community – since 1614
|Last modified:||20 August 2021 11.45 a.m.|