Policy and corona measures
Attention: as from December 2020 all UG buildings are closed due to corona measures. Additionally, a curfew has been inplemented on 23 January and will be in force each night from 9.00 p.m. until 4.30 a.m.
Like all other Dutch universities, the UG is following the guidelines and measures set out by the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment) and the Cabinet concerning the coronavirus pandemic. We are also in regular contact with the Veiligheidsregio Groningen (Safety Region Groningen) and the Municipal Health Service of Groningen and Friesland (GGD). We may take extra measures should this become necessary.
Prevention is obviously better than cure. The following basic general rules therefore apply to people entering UG buildings:
- Only come to the University buildings if this is absolutely necessary.
- Enrol for lectures in accordance with the arrangements of the faculty.
- If you want to work in a UG building, you must first register.
- If you have any symptoms similar to those of COVID-19, please stay at home and get tested at the GGD as soon as possible.
- Always keep a 1.5-metre distance between one another.
- Wash or disinfect your hands regularly.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Do not shake hands.
- Follow the indicated walking routes: red stickers with pictograms have been placed in all buildings to indicate separate entrances and exits, walking routes and the maximum capacity of toilets for example.
- Wearing a (non-medical grade) face mask is mandatory when moving from place to place inside the UG buildings and at busy locations.
- (curfew) All UG buildings will close at 6.00 p.m., except those in which lengthy experiments, practicals and exams are held. These buildings will close at 8.00 p.m.
- (curfew) All in-person teaching activities, such as practicals and exams, must end at 7.00 p.m.
(curfew) Employer’s declarations for staff members will be granted by the Faculty Board or the Managing Director of the service unit concerned.
The UG protocol for people who are infected with the coronavirus was recently updated. Here is a short summary.
The following guidelines/measures apply to individual infections in students:
- The Municipal Health Service (GGD) contacts the employee or student and carries out the source and contact investigation in the category 'close contacts' or the category 'housemates'. For all 'other contacts', the employee or student concerned receives a set of information from the Municipal Health Service (GGD), with the request to share this among the contacts concerned.
- We ask employees and students to voluntarily report if they have tested positive for the coronavirus. Employees report this to their direct supervisor and students to the study programme.
- It is possible that the employee or student who has tested positively is asked to inform all contacts by means of a set of information letters from the Municipal Health Service (GGD).
The guidelines above also apply to suspected sources of infection, along with the following additional measures:
- The UG will contact the GGD and/or Safety Region to discuss the measures that need to be taken.
- The UG Crisis Team (CT) and the Board of the University are authorized to make decisions about the measures proposed by the GGD or the Safety Region.
The UG will offer hybrid teaching during the academic year 2020-2021. We will provide high-quality online teaching combined with on-site activities. Social distancing and any other current government measures will be taken into account.
|Last modified:||22 March 2021 09.47 a.m.|