Committee of Assessors
To represent student interests on the administrative level, each faculty has an assessor. The assessor is a student who is an advisor to the faculty board. This way, student interests and faculty interests come together.
In order to share knowledge and information between the assessors of the various faculties, the Committee of Assessors (CvA) exists. As a rule, the Committee of Assessors meets weekly to discuss current affairs and discuss collaborations. The overlapping interests and university-wide matters are taken by our chairman, the student assessor of the Board of the University, to the Board and the Rector Magnificus.
The assessor is the connection between the board, student representation and study associations at each faculty. The assessor is closest to student representation due to the close and frequent contact with the board, the Faculty Councils and the Programme Committees. Centrally, the assessors have an important function to perform because of the contact with the Board of the University and the University Council. A number of assessors are also in contact with assessors from similar faculties at universities. In this way, the assessor exerts influence on university policy.
- Teun Havinga, Board of the University, chair
- Ilse van Tuinen, Theology and Religious Sciences
- Jolien Bruinewoud, Law
- Joppe Vodegel, Medical Sciences/UMCG
- Nadalina Merkelijn, Science and Engineering
- Constantijn van den Hoorn, Arts
- Nadia Taha, Behavioural and Social Sciences
- Corina van der Werf, Philosophy
- Coen Keijzer, Spatial Sciences
- Floor Buigel, Economics and Business
- John Nagler, University College Groningen
- Hannah Huber, Campus Fryslân
Do you have any questions or remarks about the Committee of Assessors or do you want to know more about us? You can get in contact with us via Teun Havinga, our chair.
|Last modified:||22 March 2021 11.06 a.m.|