UTQ Module - Assessing & Evaluating
In this module we discuss tips and tools for designing and constructing assessment, and the steps after the administration of the assessment. We offer tools to improve the quality of your assessment. Your own assessment practice will be central during the module. You will have to prepare for the module by studying relevant literature and making assignments. The assignments will be discussed during the meetings.
Module December/January 2021
|Target group||University teachers in the UTQ programme.|
25-30 hours (including face-to-face sessions)
|Number of participants||8-16 participants|
|Main language||English, but it is possible to write the assignments in Dutch.|
After completing this module, you can:
- Choose and construct a suitable assessment method based on the principles of constructive alignment.
- Describe the quality criteria (validity, reliability and transparency) and apply them to the assessment method of your own course.
- Formulate criteria for grading and feedback for different methods of assessment.
- Use peer reviews when constructing a test.
- Explain the benefits of formative feedback and can integrate formative feedback with summative feedback.
- Provide a valid and reliable assessment based on prior specified criteria.
- Use an analysis of an assessment to check its quality.
|Last modified:||25 February 2020 09.56 a.m.|