Start to Teach - Crash Course
Are you excited to start the upcoming semester? Let us help you prepare! This 2.5 day course is designed specifically for teachers at the start of their teaching career. Educational experts will help you to prepare for your first lesson of the upcoming semester and help you plan your lessons. You are provided with tools to engage students and are introduced to best practices for giving feedback and assessing assignments and exams.
Monday August 23rd from 09:00-15:30;
|Target group||University teachers at the start of their teaching career|
|Study load||15 hours|
After successful completion of this module you are able to:
- describe the design of your course, including the learning objectives, and the teaching and assessment methods;
- prepare for your lessons and create a lesson plan;
- deliver interactive lectures and tutorials and learn about integrating online tools with face-to-face interactions;
- formulate clear assignments for students, and adapt to prior knowledge and expectations;
- create an inclusive classroom environment;
- provide students with feedback and compare different assessment methods.
- English language skills at a sufficient level to present and to participate in discussions with peers;
- Assigned teaching duties for the teaching block directly following this crash course, like teaching a full course or at least a significant part of a course.
Start to Teach for PhD students
If you are a PhD student, have a look at Start to Teach for PhD students (Career Perspective Series).
|Last modified:||19 July 2021 2.05 p.m.|