E-Learning pilots RUG
E-Learning pilots RUG: From 2013 the University of Groningen has initiated several eLearning projects. CLIQ is involved with the following pilots:
- From Pick Axe to Pixel: This project aims to develop a 3D learning environment in the Archeology programme. Students will be engaged in virtual field work with archeological objects presented in 3D, enriched with research data, information about archeological methods, theories and definitions. Principal teacher/researcher is Jorn Seubers.
- Flipping classroom project Conversation Analysis 1: A flipped classroom model is used to show how researchers carry out analyses of transcribed video data in practice. The project is part of the course Conversation Analysis 1 of the Communication and Information Science and Dutch programmes. Principal investigators are prof. dr. Tom Koole and dr. Myrte Gosen. Project manager for ICTOL André Rosendaal.
- MOOCs LTABS and Euroculture: Two massive open online courses (MOOCs) are being prepared in the Faculty of Arts. The first, LTABS (Language testing during awake brain surgery) is carried out in the European Master’s in Clinical Linguistics programme, under supervision of prof. dr. Roelien Bastiaanse. The second is carried out in the Euroculture programme together with European partners. It concerns themes around European identity and Europeness. Principal investigators are prof.dr. Janny de Jong and dr. Senka Neuman- Stanivukovic. Both projects are managed by drs. Tom Spits (ESI),
- International collaboration tasks language and culture: European Languages and Culture students carry out tasks in the foreign language through online communication (telecollaboration) with peers from partner universities. The tasks are intended to enhance language proficiency and intercultural competences, and to prepare students better for their stay abroad. This form of teaching has been implemented as a structural element in the European Languages and Cultures programme. Coordinator: drs. Gerdientje Oggel.
- Joint support for collaborative eLearning tools: In this elearning pilot we have acquired knowledge and experience with different kinds of collaboration tools to be used in education. Several tools, including Blackboard Collaborate, Google Hangouts, Skype and Adobe Connect, can be used for online teaching and learning (webinars, videoconferencing, etc.). More information: Dr. Sake Jager.
|Last modified:||09 November 2020 12.42 p.m.|