On campus or online?
Update 26 August 2021
After our previous updates, there is now more clarity about what the relaxation of the safety measures in education means for us from August 30. More information about this follows below. Unfortunately, because the situation is changing so quickly, we don't have all the information you need right away. That is why we refer not only to rug.nl/corona, but also to the website of the government for detailed corona information. In addition, new information will be coming from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in the near future, which we do not yet have.
Education in the first semester 2021-2022 - Faculty of Arts
The cabinet has allowed a reopening of higher education from 30 August. In the new academic year, teaching at the Faculty of Arts will thus take place on campus, without having to keep a distance of one and a half meters from each other.
An exceptional relaxation will come into effect for the university on 30 August 2021. Then the one and a half meter measure will be released in all RUG buildings. This applies to students and employees, to lecture halls, the University Library and to office spaces. One condition is that students and staff must wear a face mask again from 30 August when they move through the buildings of the University of Groningen. Therefore this measure is coming back.
Additionally, we have decided to set the maximum group size per independent space to 75 people, excluding lecturers and supervisors. What the lectures with more than 75 students will look like, will be decided in the coming weeks and processed to the online schedule. A maximum of 75 people may also be present at PhD ceremonies, inaugural lectures and diploma ceremonies, excluding employees.
On the other hand, the capacity of the University Library is increased by this measure to a total of 650 to 800 students, because there is a good possibility to compartmentalize the spaces in the library.
Vaccinating without an appointment in Groningen and Leeuwarden
If we want to make a safe new start, we will all have to take our responsibility. We can do this not only by obeying the safety rules, but also by getting vaccinated. In collaboration with Hanze University of Applied Sciences and the Municipal Health Service (GGD), the UG offers students from the age of 18 and employees the opportunity to receive a vaccination without an appointment. These are the times and locations:
- Thursday 2 September from 09:00 - 16:30, during the Welcoming Ceremony, in the Martinikerk: Martinikerkhof 3, Groningen
- Wednesday 8 September from 09.00 - 16.30 in the Academy Building: Broerstraat 5, Groningen
- Thursday 9 September from 09:00-16:30 in the Willem-Alexander Sports Centre: Zernikeplein 17, Groningen
- From 16 Aug. to 5 Sept. daily from 09.00-13.00 in Martiniplaza, Leonard Springerlaan 2, Groningen
In Leeuwarden you can visit the Campus Fryslân faculty building De Beurs on Friday 3 September between 10:00 and 12:00.
The Faculty of Arts is calling on all students to use a free self-test twice a week. This allows us to detect infections at an early stage and stops the unwitting spread of the virus. Free self-tests are available via www.zelftestonderwijs.nl. Next to that you need to observe the basic rules and the instructions below when you come to the university buildings.
The university buildings will reopen on 30 August. Whenever you come to the UG buildings, we ask you to observe the following rules:
- Wear a face mask in the corridors of UG buildings. You may take your mask off as soon as you have taken your seat.
- Wash or disinfect your hands regularly. This can be done upon entering the university buildings or by using the facilities in the toilets.
- Always follow the signposted walking routes. Walking routes have been indicated in all buildings to promote a smooth flow of traffic. It is important to avoid group formation in the buildings: please give each other sufficient space. For the time being, the lifts can only be accessed by one person at a time.
More information about teaching and COVID-19 related measures
- General Corona update + FAQ
- Corona update Faculty of Arts (in Student Portal; for registered students only)
- Study Advisers Bachelor Programmes
- Study Advisers Master Programmes
- Admissions office
- Immigration Service Desk
- Student Information and Administration
- Office for Student Affairs (public website) or Office for Student Affairs (in Student Portal; for registered students only)
|Last modified:||06 September 2021 12.55 p.m.|