The Ethics Committee of the Teacher Education department of the University of Groningen (ECLO) reviews (intended) behavioral research of employees or research that falls under the responsibility of employees on ethical aspects with due regard to relevant national, European, and international laws, rules, and guidelines . The commission bases the assessment on:
- The General Data Protection Regulation ( GDPR ) (in Dutch: AVG )
- The Dutch code of conduct for the exercise of scholarly work
- Code of ethics for research in the social and behavioral sciences involving human participants
- Netherlands Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
- Complaints Procedure Ethical Commission Teacher Education
Regulation concerning data management:
- Data Management Protocol Nieuwenhuis Instituut
- Publication packages
- GDPR-guide: Starting with a DPIA methodology for human subject research
The members of the Ethics Committee are
- dr. Ridwan Maulana (chair)
- dr. Cor Suhre (vice-chair)
- drs. Jasmijn Bloemert (member)
- Fenna Wolthuis MA (member)
- Esther Hoorn (advisor General Administrative and Legal Affairs)
- A.M.F.A. Arends-den Brok (secretary)
Submission of research protocols
All research plans by Heymans staff members should be registered in the Faculty Research Portal. Once a study has been registered, you can complete your request for ethics review in EC Request, the Faculty's online module for ethics review. This application can be accessed on the intranet.
The ECLO intends to respond to requests within four weeks. Researchers may be asked to change their protocol, clarify procedures, or provide additional documents. When no issues remain, the ECLO will issue an approval letter through the EC request. It is obligatory to fully inform participants about the nature, duration, and risks/burdens of participation (informed consent). Participants must be able to make an informed decision on whether to participate in the research or not to participate.
You can contact the Ethics Committee at email@example.com.
|Last modified:||02 December 2019 2.46 p.m.|