What is a University card?
All students will be issued with a University card. This card will be issued once and remain valid throughout your entire study career. You University card will lapse when you deregister.
The University card can be used
- at the tea and coffee machines
- at the printers and photocopiers
- to borrow books from the University Library
- to access the University Library
- as proof of identity when you register for and sit exams
- to use the facilities of the Sports Centre if the card is 'geACLOtiveerd'.
How can I upload a photo for my University card?Upload your photo via the app 'Enrollment and photo' under RUG tools on Student Portal (log in with your S-number and password).
For more information see manual How to upload your photo for your student card.
I have lost my University card; my University card has been stolen. How do I obtain a new one?
How can I deposit money on my University card
Will I receive a new University card each year?No, you will receive the University card once. The card remain valid throughout your entire study career. Your University card will lapse when you deregister.
What should I do if I want a new photograph on my University card?
I need my University card to become a member of a student society or sports club. Can I receive a temporary proof of registration?
When will I receive my University card if I enrol after the start of the academic year?You receive a University card within 10 working days after you have completed your registration.
- If you have a Dutch correspondence address, the University card will be sent to this address.
- If you have a non-Dutch correspondence address, you will receive an e-mail message when you can collect your University Card at Information Services.
Contact the Central Student Administration immediately if you don't receive an University card or an e-mail message within 10 workingdays.