University account (for students)
What is a University account?A University account gives you access to University facilities including:
This is where you find University and degree programme-related information and start up other facilities, including:
- Course catalogue
- Marks and registration
- Student e-mail (Google Apps for Education: planner, chat, documents and web pages)
- Electronic files from the University Library
- Student workstations at various locations
Your University account comprises your student number and a password.
- Student Portal
When am I entiteld to a University account?
Everyone who registers for a degree programme at the UG via Studielink is allocated a University account.
The account will be deleted if you decide not to study at the UG.
How can I activate my University account?You can activate your University account at the Password Self Service Portal.
- Type your studentnumber (the 'S' included).
- Click on 'activate account'.
- You will receive an access code and further instructions in your private email. This is the email address that you specified in Studielink.
Are there any problems or questions? Please contact the CIT servicedesk
How long will my University account remain active?
For as long as you are registered for a degree programme at the UG.
Creating a University account
Blocking a University account
- Why has my University account been blocked?
- How can I unblock my University account?
- I have paid my tuition fees/an instalment. When will my University account be unblocked?
- Can I still send or receive mails if my University account is blocked?
- What will happen to my details if my University account is blocked?
Cancelling a University account
Can I have more than 8 weeks access to my University account after deregistration?After deregistration you have still 8 weeks access to your University account. Your files and email messages will be saved for one year. Your University account will be reactived if you start a new degree programme within a year.
You can request an University account extention if you have to use certain University facilities for more than 8 weeks after your deregistration. You can submit your request via Application form University account extension (students).
My study ends, how do I save my data?After ending your study, access to IT facilities also ends. Move or store your e-mail, data in other Google Apps (f.e. Drive) and your data on X:\ in time.
Data on X:\
Log on to uwp.rug.nl and move or copy your data on X:\ to a local drive on your PC as follows:
- Download and install the Citrix Workspace app
- Enter UWP.RUG.NL as server address
If the app does not ask for permission to local data:
- Click on Citrix Workspace app, and open the program
- Enter the server address: UWP.RUG.NL
- Click on Next
- Enter your P-number/S-number and password
- Click on Logon
- At Domain\user enter: workspace\<your P-number/S-number> and again your password
- Click on the plus sign on the right side of the screen
- Choose an application, it will appear on the Citrix desktop
- Double click on the application to start it
Archive your Google data
Check the How to download your Google data in Google Acccount Help.