University account (for students)
What is a University account?A University account gives you access to University facilities including:
This is where you find University and degree programme-related information and start up other facilities, including:
- Course catalogue
- Marks and registration
- Student e-mail (Google Apps for Education: planner, chat, documents and web pages)
- Electronic files from the University Library
- Student workstations at various locations
Please note! In order to access your student account you first need to arrange the registration of the Multi-factor Authentication (MFA).
- Student Portal
When am I entiteld to a University account?
Everyone who registers for a degree programme at the UG via Studielink is allocated a University account.
The account will be deleted if you decide not to study at the UG.
How can I activate my University account?You can activate your University account at the Password Self Service Portal.
- Type your student number (the 'S' included).
- Click on 'activate account'.
- You will receive an access code and further instructions in your private email. This is the email address that you specified in Studielink.
When can I activate my University account?This depends on the starting date of your degree programme.
- Starting date 1 September: You can use your account immediately with an active application
Other starting date:: You can use your account
immediately with an active application
Are you an exchange student, guest student or course participant? Then your University account will be created 3 months before the starting date of your programme.
In order to access your student account you first need to arrange the registration of the Multi-factor Authentication (MFA).
How long will my University account remain active?
For as long as you are registered for a degree programme at the UG. After deregistration you have still 8 weeks access to your University account.
Creating a University account
Blocking a University account
- Why has my University account been blocked?
- How can I unblock my University account?
- I have paid my tuition fees/an instalment. When will my University account be unblocked?
- Can I still send or receive mails if my University account is blocked?
- What will happen to my details if my University account is blocked?
Cancelling a University account
Can I have more than 8 weeks access to my University account after deregistration?After deregistration you have still 8 weeks access to your University account. Your files and email messages will be saved for one year. Your University account will be reactived if you start a new degree programme within a year.
You can request an University account extension if you have to use certain University facilities for more than 8 weeks after your deregistration. You can submit your request via Application form University account extension (students).
My study ends, how do I save my data?After ending your study, access to IT facilities also ends. Move or store your e-mail, data in other Google Apps (f.e. Drive) and your data on X:\ in time.
Data on X:\
Log on to uwp.rug.nl and move or copy your data on X:\ to a local drive on your PC as follows:
- Download and install the Citrix Workspace app
- Enter UWP.RUG.NL as server address
If the app does not ask for permission to local data:
- Click on Citrix Workspace app, and open the program
- Enter the server address: UWP.RUG.NL
- Click on Next
- Enter your P-number/S-number and password
- Click on Logon
- At Domain\user enter: workspace\<your P-number/S-number> and again your password
- Click on the plus sign on the right side of the screen
- Choose an application, it will appear on the Citrix desktop
- Double click on the application to start it
Archive your Google data
Check the How to download your Google data in Google Acccount Help.