Bachelor's degree programmes
In order to be eligible for admission to one of the University of Groningen's Bachelor's programmes you will have to meet certain requirements. You can find these requirements below.
In order to be eligible for admission, the general end level of your previous education must be equivalent to pre-university education (VWO) in the Netherlands.
Please consult our list with international and country-specific qualifications that are VWO equivalent. Should your qualification not be listed, please know that you can still apply, as all applications are assessed on an individual basis.
Please consult the overview of the language requirements per faculty.
You are exempted from proving your proficiency in English, if you:
- are a native speaker and have completed your entire secondary education in one of the following countries: USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Canada (English secondary education);
- have already completed an entire Bachelor's programme in one of the following countries: USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Canada (English higher education);
- apply with at least 3 GCE A2-level certificates from an accredited British examination board;
- have an International Baccalaureate diploma, with English as the medium of instruction;
- have a European Baccalaureate diploma from a European School or one of the Accredited European Schools and have (completed) English as final exam subject.
Additional exemptions may apply for the programme of your choice, however this is at the discretion of the Admissions Board and will be assessed when your application has been received by the Admissions Office.
In addition to the general end level requirements, the Bachelor's programmes of some faculties apply subject-specific requirements. In these cases, the Admissions Board also needs to determine whether you possess the required background knowledge in subjects relevant to the Bachelor's programme. Whether the programme of your choice applies subject-specific requirements can be found on our website with entry requirements per qualification/country and faculty.
Should you not meet the subject-specific requirements as specified on our website or as determined by the Admissions Board upon assessment of your application (on the basis of course descriptions, if applicable), you have the option to obtain one of our accepted certificates for the relevant subject(s).
Please consult the overview of the accepted certificates to lift a deficiency per faculty.
Selection procedure (fixed quota)
The following Bachelor's programmes have a selection procedure in place:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Dentistry - taught in Dutch
- International Business
- International Relations and International Organization
More information about the selection and placement procedure.
Ben je een Nederlandse studiekiezer? Ga dan naar onze pagina's voor Nederlandse studenten.
|Last modified:||11 December 2019 4.29 p.m.|