Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
Education Bachelor's Bachelor's international students Admission and application Admission bachelor's degree programme Application and admission procedure

Certified copies

To complete your registration you will need to submit certified copies of your diplomas and transcripts, and in some cases you will have to submit certified copies of your English test results and your official GMAT result. Your decision letter states which certified documents the Admissions Office will need to receive.

Without these certified documents, the Admissions Office is not allowed to make a decree of admission for you. Without this decree (the final admission statement), your registration cannot be finalized and you will therefore not be able to start your studies at the University of Groningen.

If you cannot obtain the required certified diploma documents before the start of your study programme, you can also send us a certified graduation statement. Please refer to the Admission Checklist for more information about this.

What does "certified copy" mean?

A certified copy is a photocopy of the original document that bears an original stamp, signature and date placed by an authorized institution/individual (e.g. notary or school official). By certifying the photocopy like this, the authorized institution/individual declares that the information on the photocopy is correct and corresponds with the information on the original document (e.g. when you send a certified copy of your diploma).

Please note that each page needs to be signed and stamped.

Because the stamp, date and signature have to be original, the certified copy can only be sent by post. A digital document by definition cannot bear an original stamp, date and signature - as it will be a scan - and is thus not sufficient.

How can I get certified copies of my original documents?

  • You can ask your school or university to issue certified copies of your official academic records.
  • You can take your original documents to a notary, who has legal authority to certify copies of official documents.
  • You can bring your original documents, together with copies, to Student Information & Administration and we can certify the copies for you. Do you want to visit us? Please make an appointment online.

You can send your certified documents to:

University of Groningen
Admissions Office - Student Information & Administration (SI&A)
Programme: [Insert the programme you applied for]
St. no.: [Insert your student number]
Broerstraat 5
9712 CP Groningen

If you are using a courier service you may need to provide them with our telephone number: + 31 (0)50 363 8004. Important! To ensure that your documents are received properly when sending your documents from outside the EU/EEA area, you need to include a CN22 customs declaration on which you specify that your package contains documents that hold no value.

Certified copies graphic
Certified copies graphic

Ben je een Nederlandse studiekiezer? Ga dan naar onze pagina's voor Nederlandse studenten.

Last modified:13 August 2021 2.44 p.m.