Policy and information
Would you like to know more about the UG’s diversity and inclusion policy?
The following documents and web pages provide more information.
- Diversity & Inclusion Statement (pdf)
University Action Plan Diversity and Inclusion (pdf)
The overall goal of the UG’s Diversity & Inclusion policy is to ensure that students and staff feel at home and experience a sense of belonging.
Focus points for 2021-2025:
- We will communicate that the visibility and urgency of the theme of diversity and inclusion is a precondition for academic success and is part of the UG’s Strategic Plan.
- We will raise awareness of the added value of diversity and the existence of privilege and bias to achieve a change in culture towards more inclusion.
- We will pursue an active diversity and inclusion policy to help create equal opportunities for everyone; we will involve and consult the various stakeholders.
- We will carry out a baseline measurement and monitor the effectiveness of the D&I policy and actions by introducing a monitoring system or by using an existing one.
Gender Equality Plan (pdf)
With this Gender Equality Plan, the Board of the UG wishes to emphasize the importance of gender equality in academia and to actively promote gender equality within the University. This plan gives an overview of the measures that we have already taken, and will continue to take or develop.
Core values UG - Inclusivity (pdf p. 6)
Our core values define the culture of the University of Groningen; they guide how we reach decisions and how our staff, students and stakeholders work together. Our core values encompass academic freedom, integrity, inclusivity, sustainability and openness.
Integrity policy and the Code of Conduct on Integrity
Integrity translates into honesty, respect, openness and transparency in our methods and reporting and is the foundation of our research and teaching. These pages provide more information, for example about:
- Zero Tolerance Statement about undesirable behaviour
- Reporting malpractices and irregularities
Language and Culture Policy
The aim of the UG Language and Culture Policy is to make all staff and students feel at home, confident and comfortable in using another language and culture, so that we can all be effective in what we do, as we aim for academic excellence.
HR Excellence in Research logo
Strategy and Action plan for researchers: open recruitment, an attractive work environment, mobility and career opportunities.
|Last modified:||23 November 2021 2.10 p.m.|