Fennis, Prof. Bob
Bob Fennis (Tilburg, 1968) is Professor of Consumer Behaviour at the Department of Marketing of the Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Groningen. Fennis’s research focuses, inter alia, on the effects of advertising and other forms of marketing communication, in particular on subconsciously influencing consumer behaviour.
Fennis studied Social Psychology at Utrecht University and Communication Science at Radboud University Nijmegen, where he graduated cum laude. He gained his PhD in 1999 in Utrecht with a thesis entitled ‘Health on television: Studies on the content and effects of mass media messages’. This research concerned the image and effects of health advertising on television. Fennis has worked as a senior research and communications consultant at the Ministry of Transport, Public Works and Water Management and as a senior consultant at Boer & Croon Corporate Communication. He has also been a lecturer and associate professor at VU University Amsterdam, the University of Twente and Utrecht University.
Previously in the news
- Large grant for research project How Gullible Are We?
- Global benchmark: 'Marketing researchers University of Groningen are world class'
- Inaugural lecture on resisting and yielding temptation
- Fennis on the psychology of advertising
- 'Consumenten denken meestal niet na' [Mostly consumers don't think]
- ‘In reclamemakers heb ik totaal geen vertrouwen’ [I don’t have any faith in admen] (interview in De Volkskrant, 5-7-2010)
Contact and further information
|Last modified:||06 May 2021 2.40 p.m.|