The city of Groningen
Facts about Groningen!
- Capital of the northern region in the Netherlands
- Groningen has it's very own airport, located in Eelde
- Located just over 2 hours away from the capital Amsterdam
- Typical student city (50.000 of the 200.000 inhabitants in Groningen are student)
- The city is our campus (more than a quarter of the population is studying)
- Youngest population of any city in the Netherlands (more than half of the population is under the age of 35)
- Safe and friendly city
- No tourist overload
- City of Talent - Under the motto of: ‘Here is space for talent. Space for learning, for working and for growing. For further personal development and making the best of yourself."
- Bicycle city (more than 60% of all journeys are made by bicycle)
- The city centre is closed off for cars
- Accommodation is cheaper compared to the randstad (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague)
- Lots of events and (cultural) festivals, such as Noorderzon and Eurosonic
- City of start ups (such as Hackerone - a hacker company that tests the cyber security of other companies)
- Most innovative city in Europe (according to the European Commission)
- Located near the ‘Wadden Sea'
|Laatst gewijzigd:||25 januari 2019 14:01|