UTQ Module - Designing & Evaluating
It is not permitted to register prior to the UTQ/BKO intake meeting with an educational advisor of the department Educational Support & Innovation. Read more and register for the intake meeting on the UTQ/BKO page.
In this module we focus on the learning outcomes, teaching and learning activities, assessment tasks, and the level of constructive alignment between these elements. We reflect on the way your course fits with the curriculum and the vision of your faculty. Besides this, you learn how to design courses that take a diverse student population into account. Finally, we discuss the way course evaluation gives you input when improving your course design. By doing assignments you work on the (re)design of your course.
Module September 2022
Module November/December 2022
Module January/February 2023
Module March/April 2023
Module May/June 2023
|Target group||University teachers in the UTQ programme.|
30-35 hours (including face-to-face sessions)
|Number of participants||16-32 participants|
|Price||Free of charge, if you are in the UTQ programme.|
|Time||2 half days|
|Location||Workshop 1 is always an online workshop. Workshop 2 is an on-site workshop at Zernike.|
After completing the training, you will be able to:
- Design a course according to Bigg's constructive alignment principles.
- Formulate SMART learning outcomes with the support of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Reflect on how your course aligns with other courses in the curriculum and the faculty vision.
- Design a course that takes different preconditions, such as students' educational background, into account.
- Redesign parts of a course based on course evaluations.
|Last modified:||08 August 2022 12.43 p.m.|