Learning Design for Uncertain Times
Do you want to feel prepared for any teaching circumstance in the next block?
Do you want to create learning resources that can be used for multiple purposes, now and in the future?
Do you want to investigate how to use digital tools more efficiently in order to be prepared for any type of course delivery (online, face-to-face, blended, or hybrid) where online and offline activities are aligned and connected?
ESI (Educational Support and Innovation) is pleased to offer a 3 week hybrid short course where we'll take a practical, hands-on, deep dive into course design that will help you feel prepared for almost any course delivery circumstance in 2020/21 and beyond! The time investment is 5 hours per week x 3 weeks (15 hours). Approximately 1.5 hours per week will be synchronous or face-to-face. The synchronous sessions will take place each Thursday of the course from 10.30-12.00. There is no cost to register. Active participation and attendance for the entire course is required.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Construct/design an outline of your course for the next teaching block, as well as some resources to use within it.
- Efficiently prepare yourself for running the course in any mode (full face-to-face, fully online, or hybrid mode.
- Experiment with different strategies and tools that are effective in multiple formats and/or teaching situations
Week 1 (March 1-5)
- Asynchronous / Synchronous - what is the right amount for your course?
- Tools for critically evaluating course re-design
- Designing for conversation and community (ie: relationships and relevance; “humanizing” your course)
Week 2 March 8-12)
- Feedback and formative assessment techniques
- Options for summative assessment and testing
- “Humanizing” your feedback through voice and video comments
Week 3 (March 15-19)
- Making meaningful microlectures (better presentation design and easy video creation)
- Active engagement strategies for any teaching environment
- How to put together your “building blocks” into a well-structured course
This course will be active, participatory, and experiential. Please come with an open learning mind, curiosity, and a willingness to try new strategies and tools.
|Last modified:||28 January 2021 2.15 p.m.|