The Information Universe Conference (online mini-conference 2020)
|When:||Th 01-10-2020 14:00 - 18:00|
The 3rd Information Universe conference moved to 2021.
Sadly the current COVID-19 pandemic forces to postpone an in-person IU conference to 2021 but this year, on 1 October 2020, The Information Universe will organize a short, but intensive, ~3-hour mini-conference at around 2-6 p.m. CET, hosting a selection of their original keynote speakers:
- Charley Lineweaver, Australian National University's Planetary Science Institute in Canberra, Australia
- Wendy Freedman, University of Chicago, the United States
- Erik Verlinde,University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Bas Beukers, Target Field Lab - Horus VR Experience BV
- Carter Emmart, American Museum of Natural History in New York, will give an OpenSpace planetarium show
- Edwin Valentijn, 'Powers of Two'
During this event they will also present:
The very first popular science book on the Information Universe: "Powers of Two — The Information Universe" (Springer-Nature 2020) with contributions of many Information Universe conference speakers — highlighted by a foreword from Robbert Dijkgraaf.