Erasmus Grant and Marco Polo Grant
Your application for an exchange period also counts as your application for a grant. When you receive notification of a place for study abroad, you will also learn whether or not you have been awarded a grant. In general the grant offered to exchange students is either the Erasmus grant or the Marco Polo grant. Once you have been nominated for an exchange period at one of our partner universities, you will receive further information on the procedure for receiving the grant.
Besides the Erasmus grant and the Marco Polo grant there are other grants available from different institutions (see other grants).
Extensive information on various grants and types of funding is available at the Information Office for Study and Careers at the Student Service Centre (SSC).
- available for study periods inside Europe (see IESE for the grant that is available with your university of choice)
- cover part of the travel and accommodation expenses
- the amount awarded is decided by the European Commission in Brussels on a year-by-year basis; in the past few years the Erasmus grant has been set at €150-250 per calendar month, depending on the destination country.
- the maximum monthly grant is fixed by NUFFIC, the body in the Netherlands that manages the Erasmus grants on behalf of the European Commission.
- can be awarded to a student once per study cycle for a study period abroad (maximum grant period is one academic year)
Marco Polo Fund
- available for study periods outside Europe (see IESE for the grant that is available with your university of choice)
- cover part of the travel and accommodation expenses; they are merely a contribution towards the extra costs involved in studying abroad
- the amount awarded comprises of both faculty and university resources and is decided on a year-by-year basis; in the past few years the Marco Polo grant has been set at €150-250 per calendar month, depending on the destination country.
- the amount may vary, depending on the destination country (region) and academic year
- in principle a Marco Polo grant can be awarded only once during a student’s study programme
|Laatst gewijzigd:||26 juli 2018 17:07|