Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
Over onsFaculteit RechtsgeleerdheidAlles over ons onderwijsStuderen in het buitenland (Exchange)Grants and insurance

Studiefinanciering and OV-Card

Students who spend part of their studies abroad will not lose their Dutch government student grant (studiefinanciering). Furthermore, for each full month spent abroad, students who receive a student grant may choose to temporarily surrender their Dutch government OV-card in exchange for a fixed monthly allowance. This is on the condition that students are enrolled as fulltime students with a Dutch university during this period and that the time spent abroad forms part of their Dutch degree programme. More detailed information can be obtained from the DUO (Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs) and the SSC (Student Service Centre) of the University of Groningen: they have brochures about study or internships abroad and the implications for your right to an OV-card in the Netherlands, as well as the relevant application forms. These forms must be returned two months before you leave the Netherlands.

The Law Faculty’s exchange officer must countersign the forms.

Students who spend an internship abroad and who opt for a fixed travel allowance instead of a OV-card must provide confirmation from the organization where they will be spending their time containing the exact duration of their internship. Only then may the application form for compensation be signed by the Law Faculty contact (via the International Office).

See also

Laatst gewijzigd:26 oktober 2016 10:55