Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
About usFaculty of LawInternational programmesLLB programme 2020-2021Practical information


(Image: The University Medical Centre Groningen is close to the city centre and accessible to students in need of medical assistance)

All foreign students have to arrange for their own health insurance, third-party liability insurance and/or baggage insurance. Adequate coverage for medical costs is essential, and is a requirement for obtaining a residence permit for most students. The University of Groningen will not accept responsibility for medical costs or costs resulting from damage or accidents caused by the guest student during his/her stay in the Netherlands. The kind of health insurance that applies to you depends on your country of origin, age, length of stay and if you have a job in the Netherlands as well as studying. For more information, please click here.

The third-party liability insurance and/or baggage insurance are usually offered by the bank when you open up a Dutch bank account.

Last modified:12 April 2019 09.08 a.m.