How to apply
The application for exchange and guest students who wish to study for one or two semesters at the University of Groningen is handled by the International Office of the Faculty of Law.
1. Contact your exchange coordinator
- To be eligible for an exchange with the Faculty of Law of the University of Groningen, you must be a registered student at one of our partner universities.
- Check if you meet the basic requirements for an exchange at the Law Faculty of the University of Groningen.
- Identify a suitable study programme. Please check our course information to see whether we offer courses that fit with your study programme at your home institution.
- If you want to study as an exchange student at the University of Groningen, you should first contact the exchange officer at your home university, and ask to be nominated.
2. Submit your application
- Once your home university has nominated you for an exchange period in Groningen (Law Faculty), we need you to fill in our online application form, and include a number of extra documents.
Please read the instructions in the form carefully before submitting the online Application Form. Once you have collected all the necessary documents, you can send in your Law Application Form:
Your application must include:
- Official list of grades
- A copy of your Passport/Identity Card
- Proof of medical insurance
- Proposed study programme / Learning Agreement
Please note: Incomplete / incorrect applications will not be processed. It is possible to save the form and continue at a later time.
For autumn entry (early September) / academic year: 1 May
For spring entry (early February): 1 November
3. Applying for Accommodation
- After nomination you will also receive further information on the exact housing procedure of the Student Housing organisation called SSH.
- To book accommodation, international students can make use of the SSH. All general information about SSH procedures, house rules, bank details etc. can be found on the SSH website www.sshxl.nl/en .
- Students can also look for private accommodation or rent a room at the Student Hotel Groningen. More info on the Student Hotel Groningen is on their website www.thestudenthotel.com/groningen.
- You will be sent an email acknowledging receipt of your application.
- After we receive all the required documents, the International Office will start the university registration procedure. Once this is done, you will automatically receive an email with your Groningen student number and computer account - which you should activate right away with the temporary password you will have received.
- You now have to upload a passport-size photograph which will be used for the Groningen student card. Instructions for this photograph upload have meanwhile already been sent to the students.
We will provide you with detailed information and instructions on the entry visa and residence permit application procedures. For more details see practical information.
5. On arrival
- You should report to the International Office, you will then get an information package, which contains among other things the student card.
- You will have to attend the compulsory introduction programme consisting of the University Introduction Programme for incoming international students plus the Faculty of Law introduction meeting.
- You have to confirm and ask permission of the exchange coordinator (Ms Astrid van Dort or Ms. Eleonora Goljan) in Groningen to follow the courses of your choice.
- Other important things students should arrange after arrival are:
- A bank account (if necessary)
- Residence permit (if necessary)
- Registration at City Hall
For more details see practical information.
|Last modified:||06 November 2018 12.19 p.m.|